Continue your studies in South Korea. It’s a good thing! Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023 are now open to Exchange students. This article will discuss the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for Exchange Students 2023, its advantages, and the step-by-step application procedure in detail.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is a full-funded scholarship available to students who are exchanged. The scholarship is available for masters and undergraduates for the 2022-2023 sessions. The scholarship will cover living expenses, settlement allowances, and travel along with medical and travel insurance.
SNU ISI presents a unique opportunity for students to get a taste of the academic environment at Seoul National University, Korea’s most prestigious University and one of the most prestigious universities around the globe. SNU ISI is taught by renowned SNU as well as visiting professors, giving students the chance to study deeply Korea as well as East Asia, as well as a wide range of topics in the fields that range from Economics as well as Business Management to Sociology, History, Politics, and the Arts.
Since its beginning at the end of 2007, more than 2 000 students from all over the world have enrolled in the SNU ISI program to study to experience, learn, and experience a summer of unusual activities, academics, and friendships that last a lifetime.
Goal: To provide enriching experiences to exchange students about Korean education and culture and to increase the global reach that is the hallmark of Korean universities.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for Exchange Students 2023 Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
- Learn inSouth Korea
- Program Time:4 months or ten months (depending on the period of exchange for student)
- Deadline: September / February(Annually)
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Russian Language and Literature
- Hispanic Language and Literature
- Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Korean History
- Asian History
- Western History
- Archaeology and Art History
- Religious Studies
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Social Welfare
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- Biosystems & Biomaterials Science and Engineering
- Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering
- Agricultural Economics and Rural Development
College of Business Administration
- Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies Education
- History Education
- Geography Education
- Ethics Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Earth Science Education
- Physical Education
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Architecture and Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising, and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- Media Art
- Technology Management
- Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities
If you want to know more about the process, click here for more information.
You can also apply for the Rhodes Scholarship | Fully Funded with an income of PS15,144 per year and every University and College fee.
- The College of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is limited to students majoring in economics or business at their University of choice.
- Candidates applying for the KOREAN HISTORYor PSYCHOLOGYor STATISTICS MAJOR examination must show proof of Korean ability to speak Korean. A reasonable degree of Korean proficiency in Korean is at least (1) the level of 5 or higher on the officially recognized Korean proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or higher from the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- The College of Law is not accessible to undergraduate students beginning in Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a specifically designed law school for graduate students, will open to undergraduates from September 2018. It is essential to remember that these undergraduates will be registered as graduate (Master’s) students at the SNU law school throughout their studies.
Students interested in studying in the fields of Medicine or Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing Music, and MBA should, at least a month in advance, be informed of their admissions requirements through SNU coordinators.
- The COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer accessible to students on exchange.
- The College of Dentistry is open only to masters-level students currently enrolled in a master’s program at the School of Dentistry or equivalent at their University of choice. Student exchange is not offered to students in the College of Dentistry at the undergraduate level.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR It is limited to students currently studying singing at their home institution.
You might be interested in applying for these scholarships.
GKS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following advantages:
- Living expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival.
- Round-trip airfare reimbursement can be made within the specified amount.
- Health Insurance: 20000 won each month(paid through each school).
Eligibility Criteria for GKS
To be eligible for GKS Scholarship, The applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible countries: All world countries.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in at least the second semester of their program at their home university (means they must ensure that they have completed the minimum of one course prior they apply)
* We cannot admit graduate students who are currently enrolled in the initial term of their Master’s program at the time of application.
- Candidates must meet the below GPA requirements. (from the admission deadline in Fall 2020.)
- Students in Undergraduates: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equivalent to 2.7/4.3) and a percentile ranking of 83
- Master’s: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent equal to 3.3/4.3) and a percentile ranking of 89
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship?
Follow the instructions for submitting an application to be considered for this scholarship.
- The applicants must be nominated by their respective universities. The applications should be submitted to the University via email and accompanied by an official nomination letter to be considered for the GKS award.
- Students nominated for the program will be given specific instructions on signing in and applying online through the SNU coordinator. SNU coordinator.
- Participate in the exchange program using the Online Application Form; fill in the application and then upload scans of the documents listed below in this application platform:
- A certificate of enrollment from the institution you’re taking classes at.
- Official University Transcript.
- Note of recommendation from an instructor at the University of the moment.
- A Statement of The Purpose (a free essay written in English and Korean).
- A copy of the Applicant’s Passport.
- for Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants Recordings of work or photographs of performances
- For more details on the exchange program, click here for more information.
- Send the application.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Candidates for the Exchange program can complete the application online and submit it.
- All documents must be sent and posted in ORIGINAL or authenticated by an authorized copy, either in Korean or English. If your documents aren’t in Korean or English, You should get your document translated into Korean or English and then have the record sealed and certified by an authorized authority.
For more information details Global Korea Scholarship, please visit the official website: