In this article, we will explore the methods to apply for the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022.
The University of Tokyo, founded in 1877, is located in Tokyo, Japan. It is the first public research imperial University with more than 30,000 national and international students registered in the University, well-equipped with a high level of excellence in education.
The University has produced students whose uncommon leadership roles are recognized worldwide. This University is ranked 1st in Asia and Japan and 26th on a global scale.
This institution is dedicated to quality education and offers scholarships to postgraduate students who wish to study and live in Japan.
To acquire one of the best highly paid scholarships at the University of Tokyo, fully funded and expenses covered by MEXT, the Japanese government provides access to many unique opportunities.
The purpose of the Japanese Scholarship is to encourage cultural harmony among international students. This institution offers a study platform with the guidance of knowledgeable professors to foster students’ exposure to education in various fields.
The Deadline for the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
Application began on October 1 and ended on October 29, 2021 (Japan Standard Time). It is essential to note that the electronic application and shipment of proof of the original documents must be submitted within the application period.
Duration of University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
The duration of the scholarship program, whether registered in a Master’s Program or Doctoral program, will be in progress for the time being until the receiver completes the standard course term.
Master’s Program: October 2022 – September 2024 (2years).
Doctoral Program: October 2022 – September 2025 (3years).
A scholar in a Master’s program who wishes to further their studies to the doctoral program may be granted an extension of Scholarship after thorough examination by MEXT.
This scholar is then required to comply with specific criteria, including exceptional academic performance. However, not all applicants are or will be granted an extension of their studies.
Field of Study for University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
Tokyo Institute of Technology University in Japan offers multiple distinct courses in various fields of Masters and Doctorate degrees such as:
- School of Science: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Earth and Planetary Sciences
- School of Engineering: Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Information and Communications Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Economics Systems and Control Engineering
- School of Materials and Chemical Technology: Chemical Science and Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Computing: Computer Science, Mathematical and Computing Science,
- School of Life Science and Technology: Life Science and Technology
- School of Environment and Society: Civil and Environmental Engineering, Trans-disciplinary Science and Engineering, Architecture and Building Engineering, Social and Human Sciences
Benefits of the University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
Monthly allowance: Below is the actual sum of monthly allocation for Masters’ and doctorate programs. However, this figure may be altered due to the annual budget of the year.
Master’s program- 144,000 yen per month.
Doctoral program- 145,000 yen per month.
Traveling expenditure: Travel allowances are funded by MEXT to scholars who qualify for the Scholarship. With economy class flight tickets, scholars are transported from their hometown to the school to begin the session and transported back to their country when the program ends.
Other local expenses like the cost of transportation from the scholar residence to the airport, special local taxes due to traveling, local expenses within Japan, travel insurance, baggage, etc., are entirely the recipient’s responsibility.
Travel allowances may not be granted to scholars who require an extension of studies.
Eligibility requirements for University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
- International applicants with an excellent academic performance who want to study and live in Japan in October 2022 as a student of a Masters’ or Doctoral program.
- Applicants with a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree should have a final grade of 2.30 points or higher. Students already enrolled in the Scholarship should have a minimum of 2.30 points or higher and maintain the quality to continue the Scholarship.
- Grade points are calculated according to a formula specified by MEXT.
- Applicants are required to meet language eligibility.
People also read:
Language requirements for University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
Candidates are required to satisfy one of the language requirements, either in Japanese or English.
English: Competence English test score equivalent to B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g., TOEFL 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
- Must have concluded an educational program whose primary language of instruction is English, that complies with the basic requirements of the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo.
Japanese: Candidates should have excelled in the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with N2 or higher.
- Must have concluded an educational program whose primary language of instruction is Japanese that fulfills the basic requirements to the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo.
Visa Requirements for University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
The residency status of applicants entering the country with an obtained visa should read “student” as this is very important. Applicants who have a different residency status are required to go back to their country and change the status to “student.”
Scholarships given to applicants will be annulled if they arrive without a newly acquired visa. The Japanese embassy or consul issues tickets in the applicant’s home country.
Notification of University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship Awardees
Whether selected by the Graduate School of Science, candidates will be informed via email in mid-February 2022. The successful candidates chosen at the University of Tokyo will also be notified via email and unsuccessful candidates.
The official announcement
Acknowledged by MEXT will be notified to the grantees via post mail in June 2022.
- How to Successfully Apply for Toyohashi University of Technology Mext Scholarship 2022
- MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) Application Process
- Top 10 Fully Funded Scholarship in Japan 2022
- Top 10 Best Scholarships for International Students in Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students 2023
- How to Apply for Chulalongkorn University Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply for Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply for National Chiao Tung University Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
- 2023 Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarship
- Apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
Republished by Blog Post Promoter