If you’re planning to go to Japan by way of scholarship, look at this article. This article will provide a detailed explanation of the MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) Application Process. We will also discuss the benefits it offers.
MEXT Scholarship for 2022-23 will be an entirely paid scholarship for international students. This scholarship is open to undergraduate Master’s, Ph.D., or Master’s training studies. MEXT scholarship covers the cost of tuition and accommodation, monthly living allowance, and the cost of round-trip airfare from your home country to Japan.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan provides scholarships to international students who would like to pursue studies at Japanese institutions as research or undergraduate (masters or Ph.D.) students through the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
The application cycle for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April. MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship was announced in April. A basic understanding of the Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not required to apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is a Next Embassy-recommended scholarship. The application process is via the Japanese Embassy in your nation. (the hyperlinks to all embassies are listed below).
MEXT Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in Japan Japan
- Courses Available: All types of systems are offered by all Japanese universities, from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Humanities, Health, Arts, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
- MEXT Deadline for scholarships: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to review deadlines)
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan. The award will give the student the following advantages:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2022 Rate)
- Traveling expenses: Transportation to Japan MEXT will pay for the cost of round-trip airfare from your country to Japan. The Airline ticket is an Economy class ticket for the flight.
- Fees for Education: Fees for the Entrance Examination tuition fee at Universities will be paid through MEXT.
- Accommodations Halls of residence for international students offered by universities.
Also, check Netherlands State Scholarships and receive a free cost of living, free tuition, and free visa. Travel tickets for round trips are free and free health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for MEXT Scholarship, the candidate must meet the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English
- Country Eligible: All world countries
- Candidates must hold the Nationality of a nation with diplomatic relations with Japan.
- When they submit their application, the applicant who holds Japanese Nationality is not qualified.
- For students in the Undergraduate Program For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 years old and 25 years old, and you have finished 12 years of Education or have completed classes at a school that is comparable to the requirements of a high school (including students who are about to graduate)
- For students pursuing a Masters or Ph.D. For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be less than 35 years old and a recent college graduate (includes potential graduates). You must also be able to complete 16 years or 18 years of college.
- Students in teacher training must be less than 35 years old and have graduated from the teacher training or college school. At least five years of teaching working experience as a school teacher at your nation’s elementary, secondary, or teacher education school.
- The requirements for Japanese Study Students The applicant must be 18-30 years old. The applicants must be student-in-training in faculties and schools that specialize in Japanese languages or Japanese culture in a college located outside Japan during the period they arrive in Japan and study at their home institution when returning to their countries of origin.
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2023?
Follow the instructions for applying for the MEXT Scholarship:
- Locate your Japanese Consulate or Embassy for your country by clicking here.
- Go to the website of the Japanese Embassy in your country. Under the Education/Scholarship tab, you can discover the MEXT scholarships.
- Download the MEXT application for scholarships and fill it in.
- Make sure you submit the documents required (list listed in the following list) in the form below to the Japanese Embassy in your country.
- A writing test will be administered through The Japanese Embassy. Check out a Sample Test and Answers here.
- Following that, interviews with the candidates will be held.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email or on the Embassy website.
Documents Required for MEXT Scholarship 2023
(1) MEXT Scholarship Application form
(2)The highest grade Transcript authenticated by official stamps. (Including the Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 years of Education
- Masters program candidates: Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Ph.D. Program applicant’s Master’s degree transcripts
- Note that if the diploma is not in English or a notarized copy of the translation is required in English or
(3)The highest level of verification by official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants must have 12 years of Education.
- Master’s program applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
- Note: If you cannot translate the diploma into English, an official translator of the degree in English will be required.
(4) Study plan/statement of the purpose. It is created in English. The main content will include the reasons for the application, educational background, research background, and future study plans at APU. (for researchers)
(5) Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who can evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students)
(6)Passport Scan (if it is available when you apply)
(7) Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
tudents who attended a language institute that was English can submit an English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from taking the Language Test.
(9)Academic thesis or any other relevant publication (for students in research)
(10)Other reference documents (if appropriate)
For more information details on MEXT Scholarship 2023, please go to the official website:
- How to Successfully Apply for Toyohashi University of Technology Mext Scholarship 2022
- Top 10 Fully Funded Scholarship in Japan 2022
- University of Tokyo MEXT Scholarship 2022
- Top 10 Best Scholarships for International Students in Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Apply for University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- The 2023 Melbourne University Scholarship
- 20+ Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia for International Students 2022 – 2023
- 20+ Fully Funded Scholarships in Europe for International Students 2022 – 2023
- Charles Darwin University Scholarships 2023 (Application Process)