All High school seniors who are interested in applying for the Burger King Scholarship program are invited to apply if they live in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Guam, Canada, and they have a cumulative high school average grade point of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or any of the equivalent.
The program assists employees, employees’ spouses or domestic partners, employees’ children, and even high school seniors in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada to further their education.
The Scholarship grants range from the total sum of $1,000 to $50,000 and are intended to help students offset the cost of attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical school.
This burger king scholarship program has three Burger King awards: the BURGER KING General Track, the BURGER KING Employee-Based Track, and the James W. McLamore WHOPPER Scholarship.
So far, this Burger King Scholarship Program has provided more than $35 million in scholarships to over 33,000 students.
Burger King Scholarship Requirements
For one to complete the burger King Scholarship application on any of the three categories, they will have to provide the Foundation some of the documents listed below:
- Provide A current, complete senior high school or a college transcript of grades which will be uploaded with your application. Grade reports are not accepted.
- The Unofficial or web transcripts must display/show the student name, the school name, interest, and credit hours for each class and the duration of the course.
- An inventory of your work experiences and participation in community and school activities.
- The BURGER KING Employee information if your application is always to be connected with a member of staff
- When appropriate, one’s household’s financial details.
Eligibility Requirements for Burger King Scholarship Program
The following are the eligibility requirements for the burger king scholarship:
- Must have a solid academic record with an average minimum grade point (GPA) of 2.5,
- Must be passionate about serving the community, and
- Must be a high school senior, a Burger King Employee, spouse/domestic partner, or child of an employee.
Applicants should endeavor to visit the official website of the burger king scholarship to find out the eligibility requirements for each of the burger king scholarships they are interested in.
People also read:
How to Apply for Burger King Scholarship
Here are the burger king scholarship application procedures:
The step by step Application procedure for the Burger King Scholarship is shown below:
- Choose Your Preferred Language
- Create an Account
- Verify Your Account
- Fill Out Profile Information
- Fill Out the Application
- Upload Transcripts
You will first start your Burger King Scholarship application by clicking on the Create an Account. You will need to provide a username and a password to register for a student account.
Afterward, the Foundation will send a notification through an email validation process before an account is created for you. You must use a valid email address to create the student account.
The last step in creating the account is to fully complete the scholarship information which Burger King requests in the student profile.
After you have successfully created the student account and provided all of the needed profile information, you will have access to the application. You will have to enter the username and password you provided while registering for a student account to access your account and profile.
Make sure that you review your application carefully before submission. The Foundation recommends that you print out a hard copy of the application to retain your records. However, do not send printed copies of the online application to Scholarship America or BURGER KING Mclamore Foundation.
Format of Application
Also, complete all application pages with the required fields in the format described below to apply. Use the Standard capitalization (i.e., Jerk Smart, 101 Main Street, New York, NY) when entering your data. Note that once you have submitted the Burger King Scholarship application, you won’t be able to make any further revisions.
Provide Other Documentation
Depending on what track of the scholarship you choose, you may have to supply additional documentation that shows:
- An Acceptable ACT/SAT scores
- Other academic achievements
- Participation in the community and leadership roles
- Length of employment at Burger King
- Work experience
- Your family’s financial need
- Review and Submit
Once you submit, you can’t make any revisions. So, carefully go through each response and ensure everything is accurate before submitting it.
Suppose you can’t complete the application in one sitting, no worries. The scholarship lets you save your progress and come back to complete it later. Just be sure to submit the application before the application deadline (December 15).
Tips to Help you Win the Burger King Scholarship
Do you Want to increase your chances of winning the burger king scholarship? Check out these tips we provided below:
This Burger King application is open for two months, and this is enough time to complete it. And, unlike many other scholarships, you don’t need to write an essay or even get a letter of recommendation.
Starting your application as early as possible will ensure you get your application completed on time.
And note that once Burger King receives 50,000 submissions, the application will close for the year. Even if this happens before the deadline of the application. so start your application early
Have Someone Go Over Your Application
Ensure to Ask a teacher, parent, or any other trusted adult to go through your Burger King application. They will help you ensure that everything is complete and correct before submitting it.
Do Well in School
While still in school, ensure your grades are high. You need to maintain a minimum GPA to be eligible for the scholarship. And, if you want to get the WHOPPER scholarship, you need minimum ACT and SAT scores.
Be Active in Your Community
Being active in your community will not just make you eligible for the WHOPPER scholarship. Instead, it will help you give back and build essential leadership skills. It will also prepare you for life beyond high school.
The Application Deadline for the Burger King Scholarship
Remember that the Burger King Scholarship application will have to be sent digitally. The application form is available from October 15 through December 15 of every year.
Below is the official website of the burger king scholarship
Click here to register
Note that if the Burger King Mclamore Foundation receives 50,000 applications before December 15, they will be closed.
Also, after the submission and the deadline date, students will continue to have access to their portal to view their submissions and receive status updates and updated profile information. Still, one can’t make any changes or additions to their Burger King Scholarship application.
If you are a student in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico, we recommend you apply for the Burger King scholarship because it is a great and easy way to get the funds you need for your school.
What’s your view and take on the burger king scholarship program? Kindly leave your opinion and thoughts in the comment section, and also remember to share this post with your friends using the share button provided below.
- How to Apply For Burger King Scholarship Program in 2022 – 2023
- How to Apply for Burger King Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply for Bright Futures Scholarship 2022
- Sir Evelyn De Rothschild Scholarship 2022 : How to Apply
- How to Apply for Excelsior Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply & Qualify for the Imagine America Scholarship 2022
- Conestoga College International Entrance Scholarship 2022 – How to Apply
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2022 – How to Apply and Qualify for Hispanic National Merit in 2022
- Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship 2022 – How to Apply
- $1,000 Bookoo Scholarship 2022 – How to Apply