You can continue your research in Canada. It’s a good thing! Applications for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs 2023 are open. In this article, we’ll detail the program of scholarships, its advantages and step-by-step application procedures.
Banting’s Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 is a fully-funded student scholarship open to international students. This Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships will grant the winner $70,000 for two years.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program grants the most promising postdoctoral candidates, both nationally and internationally. They actively contribute to the country’s social, economic, and research-based development.
Seventy new fellowships of two years will be offered each year evenly across the three federal grant agencies, including the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The goal of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to create world-class research capabilities by bringing on top-quality Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers with an international amount of funding. The aim is to recruit and retain top postdoctoral talent globally and nationally to enhance their leadership skills and make them successful as future researchers, which will positively contribute to Canada’s social, economic, and research-driven growth by pursuing an intensive research-based career.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Host Institutes (Canadian and foreign universities and associated research institutions, college and non-profit organizations with an extensive research mandate and the capacity.)
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Research in the field of health
- Engineering or natural sciences
- Humanities and social sciences
- Number of Awards: 70 fellowships are given out annually
- Program Duration: Two years
- Deadline: September 21, 2022
This Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides recipients with the following advantages:
- The applicant will receive funds as high as $70,000 for two years.
- 70 Fellowships are given out annually
Also, check out the procedure you can apply for a Chinese STUDENT Visa.
Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
To be considered eligible to be considered for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Inadmissible Countries: All world countries
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in 2022-23 must satisfy or meet all requirements for the PhD or equivalent professional degree:
- Between September 15, 2019, through September 30 in 2023 (inclusively), September 15 to September 30, 2023, inclusively,
- Before the date, they begin their award.
- Candidates who do not meet all your degree requirements as of the date of applying must present proof of their degree not later than October 15 2023.
- Suppose you are a candidate who has completed greater than one PhD equivalent, PhD-equivalent or health professional qualification. In that case, the eligibility window is only applicable for the most current of these degrees.
- Learn more about the requirements for eligibility here.
Join the YouTube channel to learn the step-by-step procedure for applying
How do I Apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs 2023?
Follow the steps below to apply for this fellowship.
- Before submitting your application, make sure that the institution you wish to apply to host the Banting Fellow through here. If you’re planning to host your Banting Fellow at a Canadian institution, please visit here for the Universities Canada website to find a list of Canadian universities with research fields.
- Contact the desired host institution/supervisor.
- Applications must be made in total co-operation with the potential host institution.
- Candidates must be endorsed by the institution’s president (equivalent or designated).
- The applicants are accountable for providing the institution they are applying to and their referees with all the required documents to be able to draft their letters.
- At the beginning of your application procedure, the applicants and their host institution must talk about:
- The specifics of the fellowship-appointment
- Any benefits that are offered for those who are Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Financial obligations associated with this appointment (union dues and insurance premiums.)
- The access to any research and other forms of support
- The rights and obligations of postdoctoral researchers.
- Any other policies specific to the institution that could apply to an Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Sign up to get the Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts.
- You must have these details or click the links to sign up: ResearchNet account – an online application tool and database of funding opportunities/decisions utilized for this program. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program here
- CIHR PIN is a unique personal identifier that is required to be able to apply to this program by clicking this website
- CCV account is a Web-based tool that lets you manage your CV’s data within a single repository and create CVs when needed for every member organization Here
- Create a ResearchNet application by clicking here
- The applicant will need to complete the following forms:
- Find an area of study to research.
- identify participants
- Formularies for the degree required to be completed
- Recognize the names of people who are referees
- Enter degree information.
- Input the proposal’s information and any supporting documents
- Research plan
- Letter of endorsement from the institution
- Statement of the Supervisor
For more details, click here. Click Here for more information.
To learn more about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, Please visit their official website:
Republished by Blog Post Promoter