The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Scheme, also known as the Maulana Azad National Scholarship, was launched on May 3rd, 2003, by late India Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in collaboration with the Ministry of Appellate Affairs.
The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship was created to elevate women belonging to the Backward Categories who cannot pursue their education due to lack of financial support or societal pressure.
In this article, you will learn about the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship; we will also list the requirements and eligibility criteria and the step-by-step application process for the Begum Hazrat mahal scholarship.
What is the Begum Hazrat Scholarship?
The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a unique and fantastic scholarship scheme launched for girls/women belonging to the notified category (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi) minority communities.
Under this begum Hazrat mahal Scholarship scheme, the Ministry of Minority offers 5000 rupees till class 9.
This scheme was developed/established to provide education aid to enable the deserving girl students, mainly from the minority class.
The Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship will give scholarships to all the students who cannot carry on with their education without financial assistance.
This scheme was launched in collaboration with the Ministry of Minority Affairs funded by the Central Government, and the scholarships are offered to girls from classes 9 to 12.
The primary purpose of this begum Hazrat mahal scholarship, also known as Maulana Azad Education Foundation, is to promote the girl/women students of minority communities for education.
Through these scholarships, financial assistance/aid will be given to them. This scholarship’s primary purpose/objective is to enable the girl students who cannot pay school/college fees, purchase course books, purchase stationery/equipment required for the course, and boarding/lodging fee.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Requirements
- TheAadhaar card
- The Income certificates
- Provide a Passport size photo
- Provide a Mark sheet
- School verification form
- Provide Bank account information
- Provide Evidence regarding minority
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Criteria
One will have to fulfill the below-listed eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship scheme;
- Only applicants from minority communities from the Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian are eligible.
- The applicant must be a girl. It is also compulsory to be a student of class 9th to 12th for you to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The yearly income of the applicant’s (girl’s) family should not exceed Rs 2 lakh.
- The study can be done by staying indigenously only.
- Only one girl student from any minority family will be eligible and have the right to take advantage of this begum Hazrat mahal scholarship scheme.
People also read:
How to Successfully Apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
One can apply online for this scholarship by following the outlined steps listed below:
- Firstly, one needs to go to the Official Website of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation.
- Then, on the official website’s homepage, you will have to click on the “Registration” button provided.
- Then The new General Instructions page will open for you. Read through all the instructions provided and click on the Proceed button.
- After this, the application form for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship online will open in front of you.
- Then fill the form.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Registration Form
Visit the Official Website.
To access the registration form of the begum Hazrat mahal scholarship.
In the application form, you will have to enter all the details such as shown below:
- Class of Applying
- Name of the Student
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Domicile
- Pin Code
- Institution / School state
- Institution / School district
- The Institution/ School / DISE/AISHE/ registration number
- Institution / School Name
- Institution / School Address
- Mobile Number
- OTP (Sent on Your Mobile Number)
- After going through all the information, you have entered, you upload all the necessary documents to the designated place.
- After all the documents have been uploaded, you can click on the Submit button. In this way, one can fill the application form very quickly.
The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarshipwas inaugurated during a National Conference on Educational and Economic Development of Minorities held at Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi.
The scheme was established mainly to provide scholarships to the girl students of the minority class.
Students belonging to Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, and Parsi of the minority community are qualified to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship does not require one to pay any application fee.
How helpful was this article to you? Kindly let us know in the comment section and share this post with your friends using the share button provided below.
- University of Northern Texas: UNT Scholarships 2022 – How to Apply
- How to Apply for CG Scholarship Online 2022
- How to Apply for Questbridge Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022
- 20+Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada 2022 [Apply Now]
- How to Qualify for the Jackie Robinson Scholarship 2022
- Florida International FIU Scholarships 2022 – How to Apply
- How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply for NNPC Undergraduate Scholarship 2022
- How to Apply for Fastweb Scholarship 2022