In this article, We will be listing and giving detailed information on scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK, the universities in the UK that provide funding scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK, and so on.
An asylum seeker is someone who leaves their home country of residence to enter another country and apply for asylum in the country they entered. An asylum seeker is an immigrant who might have fled their home country due to war or other factors harming and affecting them or their family. If their case is accepted by the country they fled to, they are considered refugees. The terms refugee and asylum seekers are often confused.
More than 70 universities offer scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK. Each of the scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK has different eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and levels of financial support. Always do proper research and use the search function to find a scholarship that suits you.
To inquire about a scholarship or ensure that you have the most up-to-date information, please get in touch with the University you are applying to.
Note that funding arrangements are liable to change, so do well to always check with the relevant University before making any personal arrangements.
How to Get Access to Grants for Asylum Seekers Education
You will stand a better chance of accessing funding if you take note of the following points:
- Only apply to the relevant funding organizations. Most applications fail because the funding organization does not offer the funds/grants you request from them.
- Read the eligibility criteria of the funding organization carefully to ensure that you meet the required conditions outlined before you apply for funding. Several applications fail due to funding criteria are not met.
- Ensure to adhere to all stated deadlines.
- Ask a respected organization or person to help in your application, if required. For example, this could be a local or national charity, your local authority, a college tutor, or a bank manager.
- Complete all application forms by answering all the required questions. Ensure that your application is free from any form of mistakes.
- Ensure that your application meets the requirements of a specific funding organization.
People also read:
Tips to get Scholarships in the UK as an Asylum Seeker
To qualify for an asylum seeker scholarship, every student must first apply for and receive an offer of admission for the academic session to an undergraduate degree program of the desired University you are applying to and meet the eligibility criteria of the chosen University you are applying to.
Top 10 Scholarships for Asylum Seekers in the UK
Below are some scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK that you can apply to:
- University of the Arts London: This Scholarship is open to asylum seekers. The UAL Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarship offers up to 6 scholarships to applicants who meet the eligibility criteria. The Scholarships provides a £30,000 award that covers tuition fees and a contribution towards living costs. The Scholarship recipients will also be offered an International Students House accommodation for their study period. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- Aston University: asylum seekers are eligible for the Aston Support Scholarship, worth £1,250 in each study stage. The University will automatically assess every student of their eligibility using the information provided at enrolment. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- University of Bath: this is a two Sanctuary Scholarships of a full tuition fee waiver and a £15,285 bursary for living costs for all asylum seekers wishing to study. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- Birkbeck, University of London: The Scholarship offers a full tuition fee waiver and additional financial support to cover costs such as transport, childcare, and books. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- University of Birmingham: The Scholarship will be awarded for a maximum of three years for students seeking asylum in the UK if conditions do not change and the criteria are adequately met. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- University of Bradford: These Scholarships provide free tuition and £500 for costs and travel for undergraduate and also postgraduate courses to enable those seeking asylum or those already granted refugee status who cannot access student finance to also partake in higher education. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- University of Bristol: the Sanctuary Scholarship Scheme offers support towards the cost of full or part-time undergraduate and master’s degrees. The scholarships comprise two schemes: a full scholarship for students with no financial support from the UK Government and a partial scholarship for students who can access UK Government support.
- Brunel University, London: The Scholarship offers a full fee waiver to full-time students known as ‘refugees.’ As well as a full tuition fee waiver, all successful applicants will receive free single occupancy accommodation in the Brunel’s Halls of Residences. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
- Canterbury Christchurch University: this is a Scholarship for those seeking asylum in the UK. The Scholarship offers a full tuition fee waiver and an annual £1,000 bursary. Click on the link to know more about this Scholarship.
In this article, we have listed some scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK, and we also explained how one could get grants as an asylum seeker in the UK.
Having listed all these, this article is vital for those looking for scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK. What’s your take on the scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK?
Let’s know what you think about the scholarships for asylum seekers in the UK in the comment section. If this post was helpful, kindly share this post with your friends using the share button below.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter