There are many scholarships available in Europe for international students. It is easy to get overwhelmed. Many students apply for scholarships in the U.K., making them very competitive.
It would help if you were different from the other students to be considered for the scholarship. It is essential to carefully review your application, understand all criteria, and tailor it accordingly.
These are the Best Scholarships for International Students in The U.K.
These are the top scholarships available to international students in the U.K.; anyone can apply.
1. Academic Excellence Scholarship – This scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and made significant progress during their studies. It will pay up to PS7500 yearly towards your tuition fees for two years. You must have a minimum of 3.6 GPA across all modules. No outstanding final project marks are required. This scholarship is only available to those who meet the requirements.
2. Chevening Scholarships – The Chevening Scholarships are a British government-funded scholarship program. It aims to connect scholars worldwide and build long-lasting relationships between the U.K., its partner countries, and the U.K.
Chevening offers three types of scholarships: fully-funded undergraduate scholarships for talented young people in eligible countries and part-funded graduate research assistantships to support Ph.D. or M.Phil. Short-term grants for young talented people from eligible nations and students from eligible countries.
These scholarships pay tuition fees, airfare, a monthly stipend, and visa costs. They also cover accommodation, a British Council Orientation Week, and tuition fees. This scholarship is viral and offers opportunities for high-achieving students to study in the U.K.
3. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship: This scholarship is one of the most highly regarded international scholarships. It provides funding for masters and doctoral degrees at any U.K. university. It covers tuition fees, travel expenses, and health insurance for students who wish to study in Cambridge.
Students are expected to show their commitment to poverty reduction by working in the community or through volunteer work after completing their degree. Three letters of recommendation and two recommendations from previous supervisors or faculty members are required for the application. Gates Cambridge Scholars have the opportunity to share their experiences and learn from others through blogging, online discussions, speaking engagements, and more.
4. Clarendon Scholarships: These are prestigious awards offered by Oxford to exceptional international students who wish to study at Oxford. Each student is eligible for total tuition fees and a grant to cover living expenses and other benefits. All applicants will be evaluated based on academic merit and potential to contribute to the university community.
The eligible countries include Bangladesh, India and, Nepal, Pakistan. Sri Lanka, Uganda. Zambia. South Africa. Malawi. Nigeria. Ghana. Nigeria. Ghana. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Nigeria. Sierra Leone. Zimbabwe. Bangladesh. Botswana. Egypt. The Gambia. Liberia. Madagascar. Mozambique. Niger. Sierra Leone. South Africa. Tanzania. Uganda. Malawi. Kenya. Liberia. For September entry, applications must be submitted no later than October 31.
5. Ethel Rolt Rhodes Scholarship – This scholarship is funded through an endowment established by John Smith MP Joan Caulfield Smith in memory of their mother, Ethel Rolt Rhodes.
This award is given to British women studying at any U.K. university and pursuing a postgraduate research degree. The awardees are eligible for total tuition fees as well as an annual stipend in the amount of PS10,000 per year. The awardees will spend one-year conducting research at a U.K. university in their chosen field.
Students will have full access to the library resources of their home university. They may also be eligible for additional support from their host universities. Students will be able to access training opportunities at their institution and elsewhere. Ethel Rolt Rhodes will be interested in the research topic.
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Applicants who wish to pursue a master’s program at any university within the Commonwealth of Nations are eligible for Commonwealth Masters Scholarships.
This covers tuition fees and up to 30% of university fees.
What scholarships can you get?
All tuition fees are covered for the entire course. You don’t need to pay any fees for your course. If you’re attending a university in another country, they will cover most of your travel expenses.
Where can I apply for this job?
Any graduate who has recently completed a Master’s Degree Programme at a University in the Commonwealth of Nations is eligible for this scholarship.
How much will I get?
For the course duration, you will be eligible for up to 30% of your tuition fees. This award is not available to students who have already paid part of their tuition fees before starting their course. This means you will get PS800 toward your tuition fees if you have paid PS2,000 for a 12-month master’s program.
Where can I study
Your university of choice must be in the U.K. or one of the 15 Commonwealth member states. for more eligibility information.
These scholarships are available at any U.K. university or in one of the 15 Commonwealth member states. Some universities accept applications from students from outside the U.K. and Commonwealth.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
This scholarship helps University students to fund their master’s studies in countries outside the U.K. and Commonwealth. The merit-based awards are given to those who meet the following criteria:
* Prospective postgraduate students must have applied to one of the participating universities to be eligible.
* Candidates must demonstrate academic excellence and evidence of good grades.
* The criteria for evaluating successful applicants are academic achievement, creativity, and the potential to conduct research. It also considers how they can represent the future leaders of their country/community.
* Notification by letter to successful applicants by March 31, 2021
* Students cannot receive more than one scholarship for any program (master’s or doctoral). Applications for Masters Study Abroad must be received no later than Friday, May 29, 2020.
How do I apply? For more information, please click the link below
The scholarship should be made available within six weeks. It is therefore essential to apply as soon as you can.
Not all applications should be submitted directly. The applicants must nominate, and submissions should be made through the nominating bodies.
Nominating agencies are the main route to application. Select non-governmental organizations and charities are also eligible.
The Most Popular Scholarships in The U.K.
It is an excellent opportunity to study abroad in the U.K. You can gain both academic knowledge and in-depth research. The quality of education offered by U.K. universities is not cheap.
It is costly to study in the U.K., so you need to apply for some financial aid. It is tough to obtain the top scholarship programs in the U.K. by applying for one.
When awarding scholarships to international students, the best scholarship programs usually consider your academic performance. Students who do well academically will be able to get a scholarship.
List of Scholarships in The U.K.
The Chevening Scholarship
These scholarships are awarded to international students who show leadership in their applications and have achieved excellent results. British embassies all over the world select the recipients of these scholarships.
International students can receive financial assistance through the Chevening Scholarship. They will be studying at one U.K. university for one year. The Chevening Scholarship has been awarded to more than 1500 people worldwide each academic cycle.
The Commonwealth scholarships are awarded to international students from developing nations each year. These students cannot afford tuition fees but are academically sound. They also ensure that the recipient of the commonwealth scholarships will be able to make a positive difference in their country.
Commonwealth Scholarship also offers many scholarships and fellowships, including;
- Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
The complete list can be viewed on the official website of the Commonwealth Scholarships.
Scholarships offered by U.K. universities
Many U.K. universities recognize that international students may be unable to pay their tuition independently. Therefore, they have granted scholarships to academically sound students.
There are some schools offering scholarships in the U.K. that offer:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- King’s College London
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- University College London, (UCL).
Even if some names are not listed, they may still be available. Researching the school or visiting its official website is a good idea. It is usually under the sections “Fees & funding,” Funding, or Scholarships.
Euraxess United Kingdom
This online platform helps researchers develop their careers. The Euraxess UK supports researchers from outside the U.K. who want to move to the U.K. and those who want to travel to other countries.
The Euraxess UK program supports researchers at all levels.
- First stage researcher (postgraduate level).
- Early career researcher (postdoctoral)
- Experienced researcher (more than six years post-doctorate).
The Royal Society grants
They are one of the oldest societies to offer grants. Grants are available to scientists only. To date, the Royal Society has three core values.
- To promote excellence in science
- To support international collaboration
- To prove science’s importance to everyone
Visit The official website of the Royal Society to apply for a grant.
Are International Students able to Get Scholarships in the U.K.?
It is wise to study in the U.K. as they offer high-quality education in all areas of study. However, it is not cheap. International students are often asked if they can apply for a scholarship and receive financial aid in the U.K.
Answer: Yes! You can apply for U.K. scholarships and receive them. International students have many options for scholarships in the U.K. The most popular is the “CHEVENING.” Although there are many other scholarship programs, the most popular is the “CHEVENING.”
This scholarship is only available to students who are at the top academically. There are many types of scholarships that international students may apply for. They are listed below.
List of Scholarships in The U.K.
This is a short explanation of the scholarship program and how to apply.
The CHEVENING Scholarship Program provides highly qualified international students the opportunity to do one year of graduate-level research at any U.K. university. Talented individuals can apply for this program to continue their postgraduate studies at any U.K. institution.
You will be eligible for the scholarship if you meet specific criteria.
But that’s not all. You may also be eligible for funding from your country. If so, an additional CHEVENING grant will be awarded to cover travel expenses and conference costs.
Rhodes House Scholarships
The Rhodes House Scholarships offer a variety of funding options, including:
Funding for Tuition Fees: This fund covers tuition fees for your stay in the U.K.
Visiting Scholars Funding: This program pays a portion of your tuition fees for your stay in the U.K.
Fieldwork Research Funding: This fund pays partial tuition fees for your entire stay in the U.K.
Global Works Funding: This fund pays partial tuition fees for your entire stay in the U.K.
Conference Funding: This fund covers a portion of your conference expenses and is available for the duration of your stay in the U.K.
Criteria for The Rhodes House Scholarships
- Candidates should have a solid academic record and have a high degree of attainment at GCSE or higher.
- High school performance is a sign that you can excel in higher education.
- Minimum three subjects in grade A*-B or equivalent at GCSE/IGCSE level.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
The British Council funds the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships. These scholarships support Ph.D. students and researchers who want to collaborate internationally. You can apply for this funding if you are already involved in international collaboration. The funding includes travel and accommodation expenses.
John Holden Fellowship
Individuals pursuing postgraduate research in cultural heritage conservation are eligible for the John Holden Fellowship. The fellowship’s name is John Holden, a British social anthropologist, and explorer. He led excavations at many sites in Britain. He was a specialist in prehistoric societies and ancient agriculture.