The NLP Data Scientist is a role that combines the skills of a data scientist and an NLP expert. A data scientist is a person who uses statistical analysis and machine learning techniques to extract valuable information from large datasets.
An NLP expert is a person who understands the principles of natural language processing and how they can be applied to the analysis of large amounts of data. Data scientists and NLP experts work together to extract insights from large datasets, identify patterns in data, and develop models that can be used to predict future outcomes.
Data scientists use statistical analysis techniques to extract valuable information from large datasets. They use machine learning techniques to identify patterns in data and develop models that can be used to predict future outcomes.
An NLP expert understands the principles of natural language processing and how they can be applied to the analysis of large amounts of data. They understand how to interpret and process language and how it can be used to understand people’s thoughts and intentions.
Amazon.com Services LLC – 3.5
Job – Full-time
- Communication skills
- Machine learning
- Natural language processing
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor’s degree
Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics and Computer Science, Computational Linguistics. Language Technologies
- Experience with Machine Translation and Machine Learning, NLP, and corpus analyses
- Scripting capabilities in a language such as Python
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Amazon is looking for Natural Language Processing Data Scientists/Computational Linguists with experience in Machine Translation (MT) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to help us expand our MT and NLP technology.
Amazon’s International Search team is responsible for delivering its cutting-edge Machine Translation and Search initiatives to customers and cultures in multiple countries. This is done by creating our services, platforms, and features for customers based on customer requirements and in partnership with Amazon technical teams.
Your work will directly impact millions of customers and be part of the world’s largest online shopping search app. You will work with renowned experts in engineering, science, and business.
Our mission is to provide superior customer service in Amazon’s native language. We develop and deploy state-of-the-art technology and applications in Machine Translation, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Machine Learning (ML). Amazon’s global reach means that there are significant data issues and big data opportunities, and machine Translation allows Amazon customers to communicate in their preferred language. We’re a team that tackles difficult language problems that general-purpose machine translation cannot solve.
You will be part of our multi-functional MT research & design team and work on developing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting our machine translation engines, focusing on Search. You will be able to experiment with multi-arc systems, training data manipulation, error analysis, evaluation methods, and modeling innovative solutions in the MT space. Your linguistic knowledge will guide the team to find smart ways to learn various languages. Your efforts will directly impact the lives of millions of customers through products and services that use our NLP and MT technology. To accelerate the development of MT and NLP, you will have hands-on experience using Amazon’s heterogeneous language resources and large-scale computing resources.
Essential job responsibilities
- Lead linguistic and NLP exploration for MT improvement
- Learn and evaluate neural models of MT
- Determine the accuracy and performance of MT models, and test drive techniques
- Help with the deployment, maintenance, and support of Amazon’s dedicated MT systems in production
- Data-processing workflows for large sets of natural language data
- Large-scale A/B testing MT models for retailers’ customers around the world
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Use tools and systems to perform standard MT or NLP tasks such as language modeling, named entity recognizance, syntactic parsing, and so on.
- Informal and formal knowledge of linguistics, foreign languages, and/or linguistics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based on race, gender, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected veterans status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit .
Data scientists need to have a passion for data analysis and the ability to work effectively with large datasets. They also need to be excellent communicators, able to explain the value of their work in simple terms and able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- Job for a Software Developer at Lear Co-Packaging Ltd in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada in 2022
- Working in Canada as an Industrial Sewing Machine Operator in 2022
- Job for a Baker at TWI Foods Inc. in 2022
- 10 Most In-Demand Freelance Skills 2022
- Associate Scientist Product Development – Nutrition – Columbus, OH
- 15 Best Paying Jobs in Major Chemicals in 2022
- Vacancy at Cloudflare in Austin & United States 2022 -Apply Now
- 15 Best Paying Jobs Miscellaneous in 2022
- Online Student Success Specialist – Apply Now
- List of Jobs for MBA Graduates With Highest Pay 2022 – Apply Now