In this article, we will look at all the necessary information to qualify for the Thailand government scholarship postgraduate program. (TIPP)
What is Thailand Government Scholarship for Postgraduates?
Thailand Government under the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships, and it offers a fully-funded master’s scholarship to international students.
Thailand Government scholarships will cover the living allowance, accommodation allowance, settlement money, books allowance, and thesis allowance for the students.
Thailand Government Scholarship Official Website
Below is the Thailand government official website for postgraduate students:
Visit the official website to know more about Thailand Government Scholarships.
Click here: Official Website.
How to Apply for Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students
The application instructions and processes below are required to apply for Thailand Government Scholarships:
(1) The candidates are expected to fill in the online application form on the TICA official website
The Nomination/selection must be in line with essential rules and regulations of the nominating countries.
(2) The candidates/applicant must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by appropriate central government agencies with which the nominated candidates currently work.
The National Focal Point will send the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries.
(3) Prepare one original with two copies of each document as these items listed below:
- TIPP application form ( it should be Download from here)
- Medical report
- The Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you studied throughout your Bachelor’s degree)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g., TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least three people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As requested by the university)
- Each eligible country is entitled to nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program. Every form must be duly filled out and endorsed by the candidate’s supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All of the other related documents must be in English.
(4) The application process will be fully complete when TICA has received the hard copy of the application form and other related documents through the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries
People also read:
Requirements for Thailand Government Scholarship for Postgraduates
For one to qualify for the Thailand Government Scholarships, the candidate is expected to have the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. The candidate must have a Good Command of English. Candidates whose English is not their first language and Bachelor’s degree was not in English must pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria stated by University regulation.
- Eligible countries: click here to see the List of Eligible Countries
- All Applicants are expected to have a Bachelor’s degree and professional experience related field or related to the graduate degree.
- Candidates are expected to be working in the area related to the course provided
- The National Focal Point must nominate the Candidates for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries list. (See List of Eligible Countries)
- The applicant’s Age Should be less than 50 Years.
- The candidates must be in good physical and mental condition.
- Know that TICA reserves every right to revoke scholarships offered to awardees who go against the rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from the ones listed will be under consideration by the University regulation.
How Much Does University Cost in Thailand?
Tuition fees in Thailand are dependent on the programs and universities. The universities in Thailand are very affordable.
A postgraduate student may have to pay $1,000 to $2,000 yearly, and on the other hand, Undergraduate candidates may need to pay $1,000 to $ 4,000 yearly depending on the course of study and university.
How Many Universities are There in Thailand?
The educational system of Thailand is represented by 164 (one hundred sixty-four) universities having 2,828 study programs.
In addition to these, 1,809 Bachelor’s programs are offered at 161 universities, 722 Master’s programs at 131 universities, and 297 Ph.D. programs at 73 universities in Thailand.
For a candidate to qualify for the Thailand government scholarship for postgraduates, there are necessary things to do and follow, just as we stated above.
It is essential to follow these due processes not to violate the rules and regulations of TICA as they reserve the right to revoke scholarship offers.
What do you think about the Thailand government scholarship for postgraduates? Let’s know what you think about the Thailand government scholarship in the comment section, and also share the post with your friend using the share button below.