Are you looking for a fully funded scholarship in Japan? Scholarships in Japan provided by Japanese universities open yearly between February and May.
The Government of Japan and the Universities in Japan provide scholarships to international students and local citizens every year. We have listed here in this article some best Scholarships in Japan.
The 2022 Japanese Scholarships are available to study undergraduate, Master & Ph.D. degrees.
The Requirements for getting a scholarship in Japan often include:
- Certificate of proficiency in any of the desired language
- A Japanese language for Japanese -taught programs
- And English language for English-taught programs.
How to Get a Fully-Funded Scholarship in Japan
Here is some simple 10-step to follow to apply and get a fully funded scholarship in Japan:
- Acquire or have a passport. Depending on one’s home country, there are many different ways to acquire a passport.
- Get a Japanese student visa.
- Be between the age range of 17 and 35 years, depending on which scholarship you are applying for.
- Applicants should be citizens of the country they reside in and ensure that they have diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Be aware of relevant dates related to applying.
- Choose a university in Japan that you wish to attend and submit an application ahead of time. It will be wise to apply to multiple schools of interest.
- Study past questions to improve your chances of getting the scholarship.
- Fill out an application online by the designated deadline.
- Submit all application materials to an Embassy or Consulate General of Japan near you.
- Have at least an elementary level of Japanese before applying—you will need to pass a Japanese exam in most cases to receive an embassy recommendation.
People also read:
Requirements to Get Fully Funded Scholarship in Japan
There are many fully-funded scholarships available for both international and indigenous students in Japan.
Each has its eligibility criteria and requirements; however, they all share a general requirement.
If an applicant does not meet the scholarship requirements, such an applicant won’t apply or qualify for the scholarships.
Always check through the scholarship’s official website to ensure your desired scholarship/university requirements before applying.
List of Fully-Funded Scholarships in Japan
We have put together the list of fully-funded scholarships in Japan and partly funded scholarships in Japan.
- The University of Tokyo Global Science Course Scholarship for Transfer Students
This scholarship focus on helping students pay their annual tuition fees and support their living expenses.
- The Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships for International Students
This Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation awards scholarships to international students who desire to study or conduct their research in Japanese universities or graduate schools.
For the first year of this scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is made available upon arrival in Japan.
Visit the scholarship website for details.
- The United Nations – Nippon Foundation of Japan Fellowship Program for Developing Countries
The purpose of the fellowship is to provide opportunities for advanced education and research in ocean affairs, the law of the sea, and other related disciplines.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details
- The Government of Japan (MEXT) Scholarships for Research Students
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Programme for African Students
This JADS program is a program that the Government of Japan funds.
- The Africa London Nagasaki (ALN) Scholarship for African Scientists
This scholarship funds candidates to undertake an MSc in a subject relevant to controlling infectious disease in Africa at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan or at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), London, UK.
- The Rotary Peace Fellowship for Masters and Professional Programs
- The Joint Japan World Bank Group Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) for Students in Developing Countries
- The Keio University Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) for Masters Students in Developing Countries
- Yokohama National University Masters in Infrastructure Management (IMP) Scholarships for Developing Countries
- University of Tokyo Scholarships for International Students
This scholarship aims twofold: to financially support Self-Supported International Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad.
- Japan-WCO International Scholarships for Young Customs Officials
- ABE Initiative Masters Scholarship + Internship Program for African Students
The program offers African young men and women opportunities to study master’s courses in Japanese universities.
- Japan Foundation United Nations University (JFUNU) Scholarships for PhD Students from Developing Countries
Kindly: Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
- United Nations/Japan Long-term Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries
- The University of Tsukuba Program in Economic Policy (PEP) Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Kochi University of Technology (KUT) Special Scholarship Program SSP for Doctoral International Students
- KUT Japan Doctoral Scholarship Program for International Engineering Students
- JAUW International Fellowship Program for Women Leaders
Kindly: Visit Fellowship Webpage for Details
- Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Research Fellowship for Natural Science, Engineering and Medicine
- Japan Student Services Organization (JSSO) Follow-up Research Fellowship for Students from Developing Countries
Having talked about the fully funded scholarship in japan, what do you have to say about the fully funded scholarship in japan?
Click on the official website of each scholarship we have listed to get more detailed information on each scholarship’s requirements and eligibility and how to apply for the scholarships.
Let’s know what you have to say about this in the comment section, and also share this post with your friends using the share button provided below.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter