Do you wish to Continue your studies in China? It’s a good thing! Applications for the MOFCOM Scholarships are open. This article will explain this award program, its advantages, and the step-by-step application procedure.
MOFCOM Award 2022-2023 wholly funded scholarships for students from abroad. These scholarships are offered to master’s and doctoral students. MOFCOM scholarships for foreign Students are worth 36000 RMB/Year per master’s student; and 42000 RMB/Year for every doctoral degree candidate.
Beginning in 2008 beginning in 2008, starting in 2008, the Academic Education Programs that are run through the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China is designed to develop high-level business officials and managers from the countries of the recipient, providing master’s degrees of one or two years as well as three-year doctoral programs.
The Scholarship is available for one-year and two-year master’s degrees as well as three-year doctoral programs to provide inter-disciplinary training to top-level individuals working in the fields of trade, government, and agriculture, foreign affairs and technology, education and culture, as well as health as well as building capacity for intellectuals and aiding in the social and economic development of the countries receiving. The programs assist officials from government researchers, research fellows, and top management personnel in completing their doctoral and master’s degrees in China. These programs are entirely executed in English. Admission is based on an undergraduate degree, relevant work experience, and physical health, which is essential for the highly-compliant curriculum.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Check out the list below.
- Studied in China
- Opportunity Concentration Areas: Applied fields of government trade, foreign affairs, trade and technology, agriculture education, culture, and health, developing intellectual capacity and helping to facilitate the development of the economy and society of the recipient countries.
- Program Duration: MOFCOM Scholarship-CSC Program offers a Master’s degree for 2-4 years or Ph.D. programs for three years. The recipients of scholarships must sign up for English-taught programs.
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
MOFCOM Scholarship Participating Universities
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Renmin University of China
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- University of International Business and Economics
- Beihang University
- Nankai University
- Tianjin University
- Jilin University
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- East China Normal University
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
- Nanjing University
- Zhejiang University
- Xiamen University
- Shandong University
- Wuhan University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan University of Technology
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Southwest Jiaotong University
- Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Zhejiang Normal University.
You might be interested in applying for these scholarship opportunities.
MOFCOM Scholarships will cover:
- Exemption from tuition, teaching material fees, research and investigation costs, English teaching subsidies, and guide fees for the graduation thesis.
- Access to accommodation on campus for free.
- Living allowance The amount is 36000 RMB per year. For every master’s degree student, 42000 RMB/Year. for each doctoral student.
- Settlement allowance: 3000 RMB/person.
- Medical insurance is comprehensive in China.
- International air tickets for the free round trip are available for students taking a single year of study and for those taking two years of research and more instance of a round-trip air ticket. n-1(n in the number of school years) time(s) in round-trip tickets for air travel to return home to visit family members.
- All degree students must be a part of the annual review. Those who have passed the test of academic performance can continue to receive the full Scholarship the following year.
- Other expenses are controlled via the Ministry of Commerce or the school and aren’t given to students. It is the Ministry of Commerce that only provides funds to students who are enrolled in the educational system. If a student’s graduation is delayed won’t continue to receive funds.
Additionally, you can apply for the DAAD scholarship and receive monthly payments of 850 euros to graduates and 1,200 euros to doctoral applicants.
Eligibility Criteria for MOFCOM Scholarship
To be eligible for MOFCOM Scholarship, the applicant must meet the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English
- Inadmissible Countries: All world countries
- The applicants must be healthy non-Chinese citizens younger than forty-five (born in the year after September. 1st, 1976) from countries in the developing world.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or higher with at least three years of prior experience.
- Professionally trained applicants or work experience related to the program and still working will be preferred.
- Should be working in the public sector at the departmental level or higher (or equivalent or equivalent levels) of the government of the country of their home, or top management staff of different organizations and companies, or as the academic backbones of universities as well as research institutions for science.
- The applicant needs to be proficient in English and be able to use English to study for a particular course. (Reference Standard IELTS 6.0 or more in total scores, or a new TOEFL score of 80 or more).
- All applicants must be healthy and in good mental and physical health. A medical certificate or health report from the local public hospital is mandatory. The applicants should not have illnesses that are prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and quarantine laws as well as Regulations to be able to enter China or remain in China for an extended period that includes high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases such as diabetes, cancer, other chronic illnesses such as mental disorders, or infectious diseases that may be detrimental to the public health. The applicants who are recovering from a significant surgical recovery, the onset of an acute illness, or who have significant disabilities are not considered. Women who are pregnant are not permitted to train in China. If the woman applying for the position is pregnant during her studies in China, the student will be kicked out of school.
- Students who have been studying in China or who have had admission to any other Chinese government scholarships are not eligible to apply.
- The applicants should be aware of the capacity to grow professionally in this field. They should also be able to encourage friendship and exchange between the country of origin and China.
How to Apply for MOFCOM Scholarship?
Follow the instructions for applying for MOFCOM Scholarship:
Before submitting an online application, applicants should verify which Program category and the Agency Number with the agency responsible for the application. Visit the following website for information about different scholarship programs offered under the CSC scheme. Click this link.
(1) You have to apply online for university through the university’s website.
(2) Then apply for the Scholarship. You will need to prepare the required documents:
- Create an original copy as well as a photocopy of each form (Physical Exam Form),
- English Language Proficiency Test Results,
- Photocopy of a Valid Passport,
- Research Plan,
- Personal Statement,
- Official Transcripts,
- Academic Recommendation Letter
(3) Create an account to make an application to the Scholarship on this page.
(4) Sign in and complete the application form with the information below (Personal Details, Choose the appropriate “Program Category,” Input the correct Agency Number, Enter Information for the Application).
(5) You can find the application on the right-hand side of this webpage.
(6) Click” Print the Application Form” and then download the form.
(7) Submit your scholarship application by conditions of the dispatching authorities.
For more information about MOFCOM Scholarships, please visit MOFCOM’s official website: