You can continue your studies in the USA. It’s a good thing! Helen Hay Whitney Scholarships are available. This article will explain this award, its benefits, and the step-by-step application procedure.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research is a fellowship for students from all over the world. The scholarship provides the cost of financial aid up to $60,000 annually.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship invite international students who wish to pursue a postdoctoral degree during the semester of 2023. This scholarship will provide the cost of financial aid up to $60,000 per year.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships are available to international students pursuing postdoctoral research at USA universities. The Foundation offers sufficient financial assistance to encourage the careers of students who are involved in medical or biological research. This is done to increase the number of skilled, highly trained, and committed medical researchers.
The Helen Hay Whitney fellowship competition is highly competitive. Less than 5 percent of applicants for the fellowship are selected. We want to remind you that the Foundation cannot criticize inadequate proposals due to the volume of applications received.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research Summary
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Learn in United States
- Course Offered: Biomedical Sciences
- Program Time:3 years
- Deadline: June 15, 2022, 5:00pm EST.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships provide recipients with the following advantages:
- The Foundation will provide funds to cover travel to the location of the fellowship when the Fellowship is activated of the fellowship. This is for the Fellow as well as their family members.
- The Foundation also covers travel costs incurred for the annual Fellows Meetings, which are held in November.
- There is an allowance for dependent children of $1,500 per child.
- The payment is not made to transport household items.
- The current stipend, as well as an allowance for expenses, is:
- Stipend Research Allowance
- 1st Year $54,000
- 2nd Year $57,000
- 3rd Year $60,000 $1,500
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
To be eligible to apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships, the candidate must meet the requirements listed in the following order:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- NOTE: In case you are a non-native of a country (including from areas of conflict), you need to have official residency status in the local area and a permit to be employed in the state that is the fellowship for that you’re applying.
- Candidates who hold or are currently receiving a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are interested in beginning postdoctoral studies in basic biomedical research.
- Candidates who do not have more than one year of postdoctoral research experience as of the date of the deadline to apply and have been awarded a Ph.D. (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree not more significant than two years before the deadline, as well as an M.D. degree not more extended than three years before the date of expiration.
- The fellowships are awarded to foreigners to conduct research in laboratories within the US only. It is expected that most applicants will be in North America at the time of their application.
- The Foundation is not likely to look at applicants who intend to stay for the duration of the fellowship within the laboratory where they have completed significant postdoctoral or predoctoral training. This fellowship program aims to enhance postdoctoral education and experience, and a substantial change of location is recommended.
- International students must get the proper visa documents following US Immigration.
- The training of house staff in clinical house is not considered “postdoctoral laboratory training.”.
- Scientists with established careers or advanced fellows are not accepted. The fellowships are intended for beginning postdoctoral trainees only.
- The Annual Meeting, which lasts for two days, of Fellows, takes place in November each year, during which every third-year Fellow will present the outcomes of their research. This is a crucial element in the Fellowship Program because it allows the Fellows to exchange ideas with scientists and exposure to biomedical disciplines that are not their personal. Attendance at the conference in full is required as a requirement to be accepted to the fellowship.
How to Apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships?
Go to the official website that is provided at the bottom. But, here are some essential guidelines for applying for Helen Hay Whitney fellowships to fund Postdoctoral Research:
- Take note of the steps carefully before trying to complete the online application by clicking the link below.
- Download the Reference Letter Template and forward it to your four referees. Four reference letters you have completed will be sent to (43******[email protected]***a.com). Convert the letter into pdf format and then name the file following the reference letter template guidelines.
- Download the form Application Items 1 – 6. After completing it, you can upload it with the other requested items.
Important: The uploading of the zipped file must be immediately after a 2-page application cover (it is not recommended to upload at a later date).
- Please fill out the application Complete the application form here
For more information regarding Helen Hay Whitney’s Hay Whitney Scholarships available for Postdoctoral Research, Visit their official website: