Continue your academic pursuit in Australia today. The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship is now open. This article will provide information about the scholarship program, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2022-2023 provides a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship training program is made available for master’s and doctoral studies. RTP Scholarship provides a monthly stipend, and fees Offset to help students pay for tuition fees and other ancillary expenses of higher education.
Participating universities manage the Research Training Program (RTP) on behalf of the Department of Education and Training. The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS), which was terminated on 31 December 2016, was replaced by the Research Training Program (RTP), starting 1 January 2017.
The RTP provides block grants on a calendar-year basis to higher education providers (HEPs). They can be used to support domestic and international students pursuing Research Doctorate or Research Masters’s degrees. These degrees are also known as higher degrees through research (HDRs). RTP Scholarship applications must be submitted directly to the universities involved. Every university has its application process and selection process. Please get in touch with your university to learn more about how you can apply for the RTP program.
RTP’s goals are to provide flexible funding for training overseas and domestic students completing postgraduate research degrees at Australian universities. It also aims to produce graduates with the skills necessary to pursue careers in academic or other labor market areas.
This program supports collaboration between universities, industry, and other end-users of the research. The Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website has information about how to start a postgraduate research degree and university courses. The Study Assist website provides general information on student support. Students can also get answers to frequently asked questions on the Study Assist website.
- Level Of Study: Masters and PhD
- Institution(s). Participating University
- Study in Australia
- Opportunity Focus areas: Masters in Research Degrees or Doctorate Degrees offered by participating universities in Australia.
- Scholarship Period: RTP scholarships are available for a maximum of two years for research masters and a minimum of three years up to a maximum of four years (at the discretion of the HEP for research doctorate degrees).
- Deadline: Varies, April-Oct (annual). HEPs handle the selection and application processes for RTP scholarships. Prospective candidates should contact the postgraduate research office of their HEP to learn how to apply. The HESA table A and B contains the list of eligible HEPs.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship offers the following benefits to the recipient:
- An RTP Stipend of $55,076 is available to help students pay their living expenses while they pursue a higher degree through research.
- The RTP Fees Offset covers tuition fees for a student pursuing a higher degree through research (HDR), which the student would otherwise pay. This allows a university to offset the tuition fees applicable to a student. This is not a stipend.
- RTP allowances are available to help students pay for ancillary expenses of a higher degree through research (HDR). These include relocation costs, printing costs for an HDR thesis, academic publication costs, and health insurance costs for the recipients and their dependents.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program
The following criteria must be met to qualify for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship.
- Language Required: English
- Eligible countries: All countries.
- Register in a research-based accredited higher education program.
- Section 1.5 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines lists the essential eligibility criteria for RTP.
How do I apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program?
Follow these instructions to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program.
- HEPs handle the selection and application process for RTP scholarships. Prospective candidates should contact the postgraduate research office of their HEP to learn how to apply. The HESA table A and B contains the list of eligible HEPs.
- Each university has a different deadline, but it is usually April-October every year.
- For more information about how to apply for this scholarship, please read the Frequently Asked questions.
Please visit the official scholarship website for more information about the Australian Government Research Training Program.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter