The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is a new initiative by the United States government that will allow select immigrants to come to the country and work for two years.
Applicants must have a college degree or be in the process of obtaining one, be able to speak English, and pass a criminal background check.
The program is open to citizens of countries that are part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is a creative approach to addressing the Canadian Labour market difficulties. Employers of Nova Scotia can utilize the Pilot for hiring a foreign workers.
This Atlantic Immigration pilot program was initiated in 2017. It was an essential element of a collaborative effort to boost economic development in Canada’s Atlantic areas by bringing skilled workers to these provinces.
The Atlantic Regions comprises New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
On March 1st 1, 2019, the Canadian Government announced a two-year expansion for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot. It even made changes to allow international graduates (Alumni) an opportunity to apply and a more flexible way to hire health workers and the conditions for an interim work permit.
To be eligible for this Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program program, applicants must have a valid job offer. Most importantly, to get an official Canadian job offer that’s valid for Canada for immigration for purposes, the candidate has to be able to obtain a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). It’s not required in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program.
An authorized employer must make the job offer. In 2018, the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program planned to accept many people, i.e., the maximum number of 2,500 immigrants from outside the Atlantic provinces, increasing to 4,000 by 2020.
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is an agreement between Canada’s Government of Canada and the 4 Atlantic regions:
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP) permits companies within the Atlantic region to recruit competent foreigners to fill vacancies they’re not in a position to fill locally.
The qualifications requirements
Canadian Employers can employ employees in one of the three programs within the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program:
- The Atlantic High-Skilled Program
- The Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program and
- The Atlantic International Graduate Program
Every program has specific requirements. They include:
- Finding a job in one of the Atlantic regions of Canada
- Your talents, skills as well as your education, experience, and training
- The ability to communicate either in English or French
- Your ability to assist you and your family members in Canada
- Your family intends to reside in the Atlantic territory.
- Atlantic High-Skilled Program
In general, you must:
- You must have worked in an administration/management, a professional, or skilled/technical job for a year.
- It would help if you had a Canadian secondary school diploma or an equivalent education.
- Do a test on your language proficiency to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in English or French.
Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program
You have to have had an occupation that requires a secondary school education and explicit training on the job for not less than one year.
It would help if you had something similar to an equivalent Canadian secondary school diploma or an equivalent qualification.
Test your language skills to prove that you can communicate the message in English or French
You can show that you can support yourself and your family members when you visit Canada.
Atlantic International Graduate Program
Once all the work is done, you must:
Are you a graduate, a certificate, or other certification from an openly-funded organization within an Atlantic region?
You must have lived in an Atlantic region for not less than 16 months during the two years preceding the time you earn your diploma, degree, or certificate.
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is a great opportunity for those looking to immigrate to Canada.
The application process is simple and straightforward, and those who are accepted into the program will have a number of benefits, including access to Canadian permanent residency.
The program is easy to apply for and has a variety of different visa categories. Make sure to do your research and submit your application as soon as possible, as the program is only temporary.
If you are interested in applying, be sure to do so as soon as possible, as the program is only open for a limited time.
- Immigration Programs To Consider When Searching For A Job In Canada in 2022
- Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with VISA Sponsorship – How to Apply
- Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners In 2022
- Canada Government Jobs for Immigrants in 2022
- Work in Canada as a Graphic Designer in 2022
- Canada offers support to international students from the Diaspora
- Job for a Baker at TWI Foods Inc. in 2022
- How to Move to Canada With Your Family in 2022
- Waiter/Food and Beverage Server Needed at The Royal Taste of India, Canada
- Top 10 Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2022