Scotland Saltire Scholarship is a scholarship program provided by the Scottish Government in cooperation with Scottish colleges and universities. This Scholarship presents a pleasant possibility for students who desire to live and study in Scotland.
Among other objectives of the program, one of which is to recruit students who portray ambitiousness and exceptionality in various professional areas, including leadership roles.
Beyond academic activities, these students have multiple interests and Zeal to explore the knowledge I’m Scotland. With a reward of 50 awards, a value of £8000 each allocated to tuition fees for one year of full-time study in a postgraduate degree.
The Scotland saltire scholarship is presented to some specific countries at the moment, which includes: China (including Hong Kong), Canada, India, Japan, Pakistan, and the United States of America.
Eligible Courses Offered
Courses eligible for the Scholarship include:
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Creative industry.
- Renewable and clean energy
Eligibility Criteria for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship
All applicants are expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicants must be able to speak English fluently
- Must be a first-time applicant.
- Must be a citizen of China, Japan, India, Canada, Pakistan, and the United States.
- Obtain a conditional or unconditional acceptance letter from any Scottish university.
- Applicants should be applying for a postgraduate degree.
- Applicants must not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Must be able to present a financial instrument for completing the remaining tuition fees.
- Applicants are required to state the reason for studying their preferred course in Scotland.
- Required to possess leadership qualities that will enable them to learn the preferred method effectively.
How to Apply for Scotland Saltire Scholarship
- Applicants are required to visit the official website to complete the registration process.
- The applicants are expected to write an essay of 250 words on the following topics;
- The reasons for choosing Scotland and the particular institution and program for study.
- Illustrate how Saltire scholarship can improve the future of scholars and ways the candidate can promote Scotland for higher education.
- Expound the necessary experience and skills in hold by the applicant in communication and during teamwork.
Requirements for Scotland Saltire Scholarship
- Upholding an acceptable and recognized behavior that will elevate the excellent reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Program and the institution at which they study.
- Diligently take part in extra-curricular events organized by the school. Scholars will be present in a welcome reception and an end-of-year conference, only exempted before certain circumstances.
- Aid information activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Content creation on social media concerning their experience and activities in Scotland.
- Granting the Scottish Government and university the right to utilize texts and footage through interviews on and off camera during organized institution events.
- You accept that the Scottish Government can utilize any photographs, blogs, quotes, vlogs, etc., concerning your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- Following relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data to receive information on the Saltire program both during their studies and after graduation.
- Candidate can go to the official scholarship website for more infomation.
Termination of Scotland Saltire Scholarship
In exceptional circumstances to preserve the integrity of the Saltire Scholarships and its alumni network, the Scottish Government may dismiss Saltire Scholars from the program.
An instance where scholars do not observe the principles and rules of the program; or where the continuation of scholar membership of participation may result in humiliation or damage to Scotland’s reputation.
The higher institution enrolled in by the scholar will report to the Scottish Government about the dismissal of the Saltire scholar from the program for disciplinary action or other disputes that makes the individual participation in the Scholarship not suitable anymore.
Skills and Experience
Applicants must exhibit:
- The Zeal for learning in Scotland and at any Scottish university.
- The desire to work and learn in a worldwide context and assume the responsibility of a leader in their chosen career.
- You are consenting to the necessary interpersonal and communication skills needed to participate in the program of activities associated with the scholarships.
People also read:
Applying for the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, located in the city of Glasgow, will be ranked the top 3 in performing arts in the world by 2021.
This institution trains students in music, drama, dance, film production, and education.
With students from over 60 countries, this institution encourages students to be creative in collaboration with their peers from across the globe.
The application process differs in the program. However, most of their programs accept the following requirements:
- Submit an audition recording to accompany a UCAS Conservatoires application.
- Submit a compilation of your documents to accompany a UCAS Conservatoires application.
- A creative task should be submitted in regard to your questionnaire and production/performance presentation for BA Production Arts and Design and BA Production Technology and Management in advance of your interview.
- Submit a portfolio submission and film-making written component for BA Filmmaking in advance of your interview.
- Submit photographs for BA Modern Ballet.
- In addition to your UCAS conservatoire application, a proposal form for Ph.D./MPhil and DPerf must match the information you filled in your application to the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- Submit further information for MEd in addition to your UCAS Conservatoires application.
- Submit a Leverhulme Fellowship application and audition evaluation.
What can i Study?
Applicants can decide to study any course related to their first degree obtained or, better still, opt for something different but still under their goals and objectives.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter