Continue your studies in the UK. It’s a good thing! The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we’ll provide a detailed explanation of the program of scholarships along with its benefits and how to apply.
The Performance and Elite Sports Scholarships 2022-2023 are partly paid scholarships for international students. These scholarships are offered to students who have completed undergraduate and master’s students at Cardiff Metropolitan University. These scholarships offer an up-to-PS5,000 discount on the tuition costs for their programs and access to top facilities.
Also, Apply for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed explicitly for postgraduate, undergraduate and international students who excel in sports (including coaching or performance). The award is determined by an amalgamation of academic merit as well as sporting accomplishments and is available to those who fulfil the requirements that are laid out
The awards of scholarships are reviewed annually, and the students are asked to show their ongoing dedication to Cardiff Met performance sport and their progress to be eligible for the scheme throughout their studies.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Learn in the UK
- Opportunity Specializations: All courses offered at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Program Duration: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Number of Scholarships:32
- Deadline: July 31, 2022
Check Scholarships between July-September Deadlines
Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships Coverage
Elite Sport Scholar Award provide recipients with these benefits:
- A discount of up to ps5,000 on tuition fees for their program.
- Access to fantastic facilities.
- Support for strength and conditioning from UKSCA certified personnel.
- Support sports science research, such as nutrition Psychology, physiology, psychology biomechanics.
- The practise of sports medicine includes physiotherapy massage.
- Yoga and other recovery exercises.
- Workshops for performance
Eligibility Criteria for Elite Sport Scholar Award
To be eligible for the Elite Sport Scholar Award, these elements must be considered:
- Required Language: English
- Inadmissible Countries: All world countries
To be considered for a scholarship, athletes must
- Are you studying or planning to start studies at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course).
- Participate in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and help the Bucs goals of the University.
- Compete internationally by performing at the top level of your sport (e.g. national/international/professional).
- The NGB coach and the University’s coach should be suggested in their sport.
- Students are expected to participate for Cardiff Met in the BUCS competition to qualify for the scholarship award.
- Students will be required to represent Cardiff Met at open events and take part in the promotion and marketing activities of The School of Sports and Health Science. If they fail to adhere to this requirement, it could result in the loss of scholarships.
- You must be a full-time student at Cardiff Metropolitan University and possess your Student ID Card to be eligible to receive the catering allowance or general allowance on campus for processing.
- The award will be paid during years two and three and is contingent upon success in the progression to an additional year’s studies.
- The award’s payout in the years 2 and 3 is contingent upon an increase in your athletic progress that is determined through the Performance Sport Panel.
- There will typically be no fourth year for the award. Still, the award will be awarded to applicants who complete four one-year programmes (including Foundation) and students who study part-time or postgraduate courses.
- The award cannot be awarded to anyone who must sit for a re-sit for an entire year unless you can provide complete mitigating circumstances to the re-sit credits in all cases. Additional information regarding mitigating circumstances is available within the Academic Handbook.
- It would help if you reapplied yearly (the head of Performance Sport will send the form to be completed).
- This award is not accessible to students attending franchise colleges. Contact the college to inquire about scholarships and bursary opportunities.
- It is possible that you are not eligible for simultaneously an Elite Sport Scholar award and the Postgraduate Scholarship concurrently.
- The award is designed to assist students in reaching their full potential in the sport they choose to play.
- The award will be made by a committee, including the Director of Performance Sport, the Students Union Sports Manager, and an academic staff member.
Also, Apply for DAAD Scholarship
How to Apply for Elite Sport Scholar Award?
Follow the application process to apply for the Elite Sport Scholar Award.
(1) Complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form here.
(2) Submitting it to the Director of Performance Sport with evidence of the performance standards and contact information for an endorsement to be sought.
NOTE: You will receive an email with an automated notification. If you do not receive this notification, don’t hesitate to contact us as soon as possible so we can confirm receipt. You will receive confirmation that you’re eligible if you meet the terms and conditions.
The final confirmation of the award will be made once tests are completed and before the start of your course.
Also, Apply for the Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship
To learn more regarding Elite Sport Scholar Award, visit their official website at: