Get started on your journey to Poland. Covid-19 has closed applications for the UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program. This article will provide information about the scholarship program, its benefits, and the steps involved in applying.
The UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program, 2021-2022, provides a scholarship program that is fully funded for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate and master’s level studies in Poland. The total tuition fee is covered by the UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program and a monthly allowance of 1600 PLN.
The UNESCO International Cultural Exchange Program aims to bring together learners from diverse backgrounds and from different parts of the world to increase capacity and grow human capital in Science, Technology, Engineering Education Etc. These areas are not required. UNESCO Highly Encouraged Developing Countries Students & Youth.
- Levels of Study: Undergraduate/Masters
- Institution(s), UNESCO / Poland Universities
- Study in Poland
- Opportunity Focus Areas See the list below.
- Program PeriodDepends upon the chosen degree program
- Deadline April 15, 2020 ( currently closed due to Covid-19).
- Biomedical Engineering
- Earth Science and the Environment
- FIELD OF PROJECT/RESEARCH
- Environmental Engineering, Mining, and Energy
- Civil Engineering and Transport
- Sociological Sciences
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program offers the following benefits to the recipient:
- Access to university facilities and tuition free of charge, based on local regulations
- A monthly allowance of 1600 Polish Lira (1 EUR = approximately 4,0PLN) corresponds to the salary of a local junior researcher fellow.
- The beneficiaries will be issued a certificate attesting their attendance at the host institution at the end of their research studies. This certificate will only be issued after the Institution has received the required reports and cleared the financial details.
UNESCO offers the following benefits to the recipient:
- International travel expenses: The most economical and direct route from the beneficiary’s country to Poland will be covered under UNESCO’s Regular Program-Budget.
- Fellowship beneficiaries who have been declared medically fit may be eligible for health insurance. UNESCO fellowship holders can be covered by a policy of insurance that covers their health for the duration and costs. UNESCO covers the costs of this insurance for fellows who have been awarded.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program:
- Language Required: English
- Eligible countries: Liste des eingeladenen Member States that are eligible to submit applications
- At least a BSc, BSc Degree, or MS, MSc.
- Proficiency in English
- Fellowships can only be granted to people in good health under 45 years old. If a case is possible, exceptions may be granted.
- The invited Member State should submit the Candidatures
- We encourage youth and students from developing countries to apply for scholarships.
How do I apply for the UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program?
Follow these steps to apply for UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program
- Fill out an online application form
- These attachments should be attached to all applications in DUPLICATE
- UNESCO Fellowships Application Forms, including Medical Certificate, MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENGLISH Using Capital Letter (illegible documents will be removed from the procedure). Handwritten forms must contain capital letters only
- Two photographs (4×6 cm) are attached to the applications
- English certified copies of bachelor’s and master’s degrees/ doctorates obtained
- UNESCO certificate of language proficiency, completed by a competent authority if the candidate’s mother tongue is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone familiar with the candidate’s work confirm their qualifications.
- Original applications must be submitted in duplicate through the National Commission for UNESCO for the candidate’s country and sent to Mr. Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation program and Fellowships Section, to UNESCO mailing addresses.
- Send an e-mail to receive a copy of your application in advance
- mail unesco4(at)agh.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; l.zas-friz(at)unesco.org and d.bianchi(at)unesco.org.
- The endorsed candidates must register to the Fellowship eRegistration System available on this page
- Only selected candidates will be notified by their National Commissions for UNESCO.
- Once UNESCO has informed the candidate of their selection, the medical exam is completed and submitted.
Visit the official website to learn more about the UNESCO Poland Fellowship Program.