Looking for a Trimmer Jobs In Portland? There are plenty of different Trimmer jobs to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that fits your skills and interests. Check out the listings below to see what’s available and then start applying today.
In recent years, the trimmer industry in Portland has seen a large influx of new businesses and employees. Job seekers looking for positions in this field should be prepared to be versatile and adaptable as Trimmer Jobs In Portland can vary greatly from company to company.
Portland, Oregon is one of the most popular cities in the United States. It’s known for its natural beauty and thriving economy. The city is home to a large number of businesses, which provides opportunities for employment.
There are a lot of different Trimmer Jobs In the Portland industry, and many people who work in this field have different backgrounds.
Some people work as professional trimming contractors, while others may work as landscapers or gardeners who do some trimming as part of their job. Whatever your background or experience, there are likely many trimming jobs available in Portland.
$45,000 to $60,000 annually
- Driver’s License
- Trimming of trees
- CPR Certification
- Pass drug screening
Full Job Description
- Title: Trimmer/Advanced Climber
- Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
- Reports to: General Manager/Foreperson Foreperson
- Trees are removed or cut using the aid of ladders, safety belts or climbing lines, motorized trimmer trucks, or working on the ground with saws and pruners. Cuts branches or section of the trunk, then drop them or lowers them to the floor using lines.
- Utilizing the right tools, you can cut down trees or small trunks and then cut them into smaller pieces.
- Sprays brush and stumps with hand-spraying equipment to stop any further growth.
Trucks are loaded and unloaded using stumps, logs, and debris. It also is fed brush into a wood chipper.
- Repairs to minor damages to fences, lawns, and walks caused by trimming trees.
- Hand signals are relayed, traffic is directed, drives equipment and trucks according to the task, and maintains working areas and trucks clear and organized.
- New employees are taught the proper procedure.
- Guards the public and employees from dangers in and around the work areas. Works with police, customers, and fire departments in blocking driveways, streets, or roads.
- Establishes barriers or flags, warning signs, etc., to ensure employees’ safety and the general public. They are trained to carry out the rescue of trees and buckets.
- Responsible for the proper inspection and working conditions of the tools or trucks and other equipment used in the workplace. Requires repairs or replacements of equipment if needed.
- Workaround dangerous equipment and close to power lines that are energized.
Avoids noise from chainsaws, machinery, wood chippers, and chainsaws. Must use the proper personal protection equipment.
- It is exposed to temperatures and weather conditions; exposed to the elements, i.e., irritating plants, bites, stinging insects, dust, etc.
- It might be challenging to work on rough terrain.
- Aids in enforcing safety on the job for employees.
- Service the chipper, truck, and other equipment, keeping them orderly, neat, and maintained in a specified mechanical state. Informs about the necessity for truck and equipment maintenance to the crew leader.
- Performs other duties following the requirements or assignments.
- At least 12 months’ experience working for clearing or trimming crews and completing any required performance evaluations.
- It is essential to have a basic understanding of trees that includes identifying growth patterns, their habits, and the correct techniques to trim, prune, repair, maintenance, and remove trees about work near conductors that are energized.
- Instills safety procedures on the job.
- You must be able to wear protective equipment (PPE) following the requirements.
- It is necessary to get into and out of an automobile several times during the day.
- It is essential to endure exposure to any weather conditions while performing Trimmer Jobs In Portland tasks, such as sun, heat, rain, and snow.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- It is essential to be competent in communicating with others and professionally present Wright Tree Service.
- Has the capability to move, lift and move as much as 50lbs on an occasional basis and 30 pounds when regularly.
- Ability to work for long hours and work overtime during times of need (including weekends, holidays, or storms) and is susceptible to being called out for work.
- The ability to use and maintain all tools and equipment.
- Valid driving license (dependent on Division and the utility/contract) and be qualified to pass the pre-employment drug test.
- Maintains an herbicide applicator’s or operator’s certification and license in accordance with Wright Tree Service and local state, federal, and state law.
- You must be able to show active First-Aid and CPR cards.
- It is required to complete and pass the Advanced Climber Performance Review.
Wright Tree Service offers employment opportunities for all applicants and employees for employment. The company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment, regardless of race or color or religion, age, sexual orientation or national origin, disabilities, genetic protection status for veterans, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic by federal laws, state or state or local laws.
Trimmer’s job in Portland has many opportunities to work in a variety of industries. With the right education and experience, anyone can find a rewarding career as a trimmer.
Job in Portland is always changing, and with that comes plenty of opportunities for those looking to start their career or learn new skills.
Trimmer Jobs In Portland, with different companies and industries to choose from, there’s sure to be a position that perfectly suits your qualifications.
if you are looking for a job in the Portland area, Trimmer Jobs In Portland might be a good fit for you. There are many different trimming jobs available, so be sure to research each one carefully before applying.
If you are interested in learning more about trimming jobs in the Portland area, be sure to visit websites like Indeed and Craigslist.
Finally, remember to prepare your resume and cover letter correctly, as well as showcase your qualifications in the best way possible to do Trimmer Jobs In Portland
Republished by Blog Post Promoter