Do you want to travel to Australia under a sponsor? Then you will find this blog post on a tourist visa in Australia with a sponsor very useful as all you need to know has been carefully embedded in it. The Subclass 600 visitor visa is for legitimate tourists and business visitors who are visiting Australia for 3 to 6 months or 12 months.
- You must be a real visitor
- You will need enough money to cover your stay and travel to Australia
- Types of Visa for Visitors
- Sponsored family stream
- Streaming business visitors
- Sponsored family stream
The sponsored family visa stream is for those who have been sponsored by a family member eligible to temporarily visit Australia to visit their loved ones or go on a cruise. This visa stream requires an application fee of AUD 145. A security bond is usually required by the sponsor, which can range from AUD 5,000 to 15,000 per person.
What You Should Know
- The sponsor must be either an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or a permanent resident.
- This visa stream can be granted for a stay of up to 3 months. In rare cases, it may also be granted for a maximum of 12 months.
- This visa stream is not intended for business purposes or for medical treatment.
- Australians are prohibited from working with tourists visa holders
- Tourist visa holders can study or train for up to three months.
- The applicant must be covered by health insurance and meet all health and character requirements
- The visa stream does NOT include family members. It is required that every member of the family is required to submit an application form separately.
- The visa stream can be granted for one entry.
- Sponsored family visa stream holders can’t extend their visa to remain longer than the visa period.
- Holders of this visa stream cannot apply for a new substantive visa while in Australia.
- When applying for a visa, the applicant must be located outside of Australia
Who is eligible to be a sponsor?
- To be a sponsor you must be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
- The sponsor must be a relative or another applicant if the applicant is part of the same family unit as the visa applicant. The sponsor must be a relative of the applicant to qualify as such:
- Partner, parent, or child
- Sister or brother
- Grandparent or grandchild
- Aunt or uncle
- Niece or nephew
- The step equivalent to the above
- One example is that the sponsor could be the uncle or spouse of the main applicant for a visa.
A sponsor of a visa applicant may also be:
- A member of an Australian parliament
- He can also be a member of the Legislative Assembly in the Capital Territory of Australia.
- a mayor
- A government agency or instrumentality of the Commonwealth, a State, or a Territory
- Sponsor must be at minimum 18 years of age
- Each person may only sponsor one visa applicant if they are eligible.
People Also Read:
Who is not eligible to be a sponsor?
Sponsors can’t be:
- Refer a friend
- New Zealand citizen
Responsibilities of the Sponsor
Respect by the visitor for their visa conditions
Compliance of the visitor with Australian employment laws.
Any money owed to the Australian government by a visitor must be paid back
Sponsorship of a visitor visa applicant (subclass 600) is free. A security bond of between AUD 5,000 and AUD 15,000 per individual may be required by the sponsor before final decisions on visa applications can be made. If the visa conditions are met and the visitor leaves Australia before it expires, the bond will be refunded.
Sponsorship must be extended until the expiration of the visitor visa. After the visa is granted, the sponsor cannot withdraw. The visa may be canceled if the sponsor fails to comply with sponsorship requirements. If there are any changes to the visa application, the sponsor must inform the Department of Home Affairs.
If a person has sponsored an applicant for less than 5 years, they may be denied sponsorship.
- Visa application forms
- The sponsor must sign the required forms, along with their Australian passport or proof of permanent residence. Contact details are also required.
- If requested by the Department of Home Affairs, the sponsor must provide a security bond
- Documents pertaining to identities, such as a birth certificate or national identification card
- Passport valid for at most 6 months after the date of arrival to Australia
- A passport-sized color photo of fewer than six months (3.5cm by 4.5cm).
- You must provide proof that you have the right to return home. This could be a letter from your employer stating your intention to do so, or documents showing that your education has been completed at school or university. Also, you need to show proof of your assets, income, and liabilities.
- If applicable, military service records and discharge or exception documents
Notice: All documents must be in English at the time of creation or official translation into English.
What is the minimum amount I can pay to sponsor a visitor to Australia?
What amount would I need to guarantee the bond? The department usually requests a value between $5,000 and $15,000. When your family member files their visa application, you may express your intention to sponsor them by offering the bond.
Can you sponsor a friend for a tourist visa to Australia?
You can sponsor your family members to Australia if you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or permanent resident. It is not possible to sponsor a friend who wants to visit Australia with a visitor visa.
What amount of money do you need to show for an Australian visa?
If you want to stay for a month, you must have at least AUD$1,000-1500.
Are there any interview requirements for an Australia tourist visa?
No. You won’t be required to interview for an Australia tourist visa. You may need to submit your biometrics to a visa application center or biometric collection center. Additionally, you might be asked for character certificates and health certificates to prove your eligibility.
Is it difficult to get a sponsor in Australia?
Finding an Australian employer that will sponsor you is the hardest part of emigrating.
What is the average time it takes to sponsor someone to Australia?
Most Standard Business Sponsorship Applications are processed between 1 and 2 months after the date of lodgement.
Can I Stay in Australia if I Get Sponsored?
Yes. provided your sponsor (an approved, registered company) has made such an agreement with Australia’s government. You can then live and work in Australia for up to four years, subject to the terms of the Labour Agreement. You can also study while you work, but this is not supported by the government.