The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarships are funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and co-funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
These scholarships are named after Helmut Schmidt, who was Germany’s Chancellor from 1974 to 1982, and who has been serving as President of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation since 1984.
The scholarship funds enable highly qualified international students to pursue Masters’s and Doctoral studies in Germany.
In any other country than Germany, applicants need to have at least a B2 level in the English language to apply.
If you’re looking for an international scholarship, the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2022 may be perfect for you.
Scholarship eligibility requirements include being a Masters’s Degree student in the Department of Public Policy and Good Governance from a developing country.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is committed to helping promote good governance and civil society structures in partner countries.
If you’re interested in applying, make sure you submit your application before the deadline. Applications submitted after the deadline won’t be considered.
Now, to help you apply, I have put down the basic information in detail about the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Program, including the levels, How you can apply, and most importantly, the application deadline.
So, to ensure that you don’t make any mistakes, Carefully read this article word to word. Below is an overview of what to expect.
About DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2022
This scholarship program is designed to give future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration the skills they need to make good decisions and improve their communities.
Graduates who have a first university degree can apply to receive a master’s degree in Germany which will give them knowledge and experience that will help them overcome social differences in their countries.
After completing the program, scholars are expected to work with Germans to establish better relationships between their countries politically and economically.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Selection Criteria:
The main DAAD criteria for selection are the following:
There are a few main things that the DAAD looks for when selecting scholarship recipients. The main ones are:
- Your academic achievements to date
- Your knowledge of English and German
- Your political and social engagement
-How well you can explain why you want to study in Germany, and what you hope to gain from the experience
In order to qualify for a scholarship, you must have a university degree that was earned within the last six years. Additionally, all master’s courses have specific requirements that you must meet in.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Benefits:
- Prior to their study programs, all scholarship holders receive a 6- months-German language course from April 2021 to September 2021. The language courses take place at selected institutes in Germany and not at the universities of the selected master’s courses.
- The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master’s course taught in English. The scholarship holders are offered special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD.
- Furthermore, there is the possibility to attend networking events. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently €750.
- The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarships Eligibility Requirements:
- The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics, and public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and Southeast Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine.
- The program is open to very well-qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
The Scholarship is specifically for Students from Developing Countries.
How to Apply:
Applications have to be submitted in German or English. Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). It is important to go through the Application requirements in the Program Webpage before applying.
July 31, 2022
If you are looking for a graduate degree in a formally structured program, the Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships are a great option.
These scholarships are available to international students and cover the full cost of tuition. Apply now to be eligible for 2022.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter