If you’re looking to pursue a degree in Australia, Read this article carefully. This article will provide a detailed explanation of what Australia Awards Scholarships are, their advantages, and the steps to apply. Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded) are fully-funded scholarships for students from abroad.
The scholarships are available for undergraduate master’s, master’s, and Ph.D. studies. They also provide recipients with tuition fees that are fully covered, travel allowances, living expenses, an allowance for the establishment, and much more.
Australia Awards Scholarships are open to applications from students abroad who wish to pursue further studies in participating Australian institutions. Australia Awards Scholarships seek to aid in the development requirements of Australia’s partner nations through regional and bilateral agreements. These awards are managed through Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Participating Australian Institutions
- Studied in Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Law
- Medical and Applied Sciences
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Human, Health, and Social Sciences
- Program Duration: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: April 29 April 29, 2022
Australia Awards Scholarships offer participants with the following advantages:
- Fees for tuition in full
- Contribution to accommodation costs such as textbooks or study materials
- Return air travel – payment of one return economy class ticket between and to Australia by the most efficient route
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) A monthly contribution to the basic living expenses, paid according to the rate set through the department.
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of the award (for the award holder only)–provided to pay for the cost of medical treatment for the scholar (with the exclusion of any pre-existing health ailments)
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–an obligatory program before the start of formal academic studies that provides details on studying and living in Australia
- Support for academics could be offered to help ensure the academic prowess of the student or improve their academic performance
- fieldwork (for research awards or Masters through coursework that has an element of research that requires fieldwork) could be offered to researchers who are eligible for return economy class flight using the shortest route to their home country and within Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for Australia Awards Scholarships, those who apply must fulfill the requirements:
- Required Language: English
- eligible countries: Citizens from one or more of the countries that participate located in Asia, the Pacific, Africa as well as Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. View the complete list of countries that are participating.
- Minimum 18 years old as of February 1, February 1 of the date of the awarding of the scholarship.
- It is not necessary to have the status of a national of Australia or have permanent residency in Australia or apply for a visa in Australia for a long time;
- You must be a citizen of a participant country (as indicated on the Australia Awards website) and be in residence and applying for the award in the country where you are a citizen;
- Be not married to or engaged to a de facto person who has or is eligible to have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at any point during the process of application, selection, or the mobilization phase (note that those who reside in the Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau who have New Zealand citizenship are eligible. However, they need to apply for a student visa [subclass 500[subclass 500]);
- Have not previously received a lengthy Australia Award unless they have been out of Australia at least twice the amount of the time they resided in Australia (for instance, an awardee who was receiving the Australia Awards Scholarship for four years in Australia during four consecutive years is not eligible to apply for a new Australia Awards Scholarship up to the point they’ve been outside of Australia over eighteen years);
- Do not be active military personnel
- Have met any of the requirements set to be met by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s nation of citizenship (e.g., having worked for a specified amount of time in an appropriate industry);
- Meet every Department of Home Affairs requirement to have a Student Visa. This could result in Program Areas Program Area will need to cancel an award if the applicant is not able to meet the requirements for a visa;
- Meet the institution’s admission requirements where the award will be given (this could be a sign Program Areas may need to remove an award offer if the awardee is not able to meet the requirements for admission to the institution. It is not determined till Program Areas request a placement at a selected institution);
- Be sure not to be applying for a scholarship to pursue the same course of study, but with a lower academic standard than the one they have already completed (e.g., is applying for a master’s degree even though they already have a Ph.D.) or
- The applicant must notify their Program Area of any connection or affiliation with staff in Program Areas (including locally engaged employees at the post) or contractors who manage them to ensure that the application can be effectively and transparently handled.
- Check out the full eligibility criteria within the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
Eligibilty Cliteria for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded)
Follow the below steps to be eligible for Australian Awards scholarships:
- Before applying, If you plan to apply, study the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook contains information on general criteria for eligibility, selection procedures, entitlements, and responsibilities. Be aware that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade can revise and amend this handbook without prior notice. Some countries permit you to submit applications online, whereas others require hardcopy applications. Visit your profile for the country you are a part of for more details
- Consult the Applicant’s Online User Manual for assistance.
- If you cannot complete the application online, you may submit it by mail. Make sure to check your country’s profile for contact information to download a hardcopy form and any other templates, such as reports from referees (if required).
- Once your application is submitted, it is not able to be altered. We highly recommend that applicants apply online to complete their applications before the deadline. OASIS is at its peak during the days leading up to the deadline, and applicants could encounter delays.
- Apply online via the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). If you apply online, you’ll be asked to answer a few questions to determine your eligibility. Then, you will be provided with a unique login number, username, and password. It is not necessary to complete your application at once. You can create an application form in the draft and then update it with the supporting documents up to the closing date specified on your country’s profile.
For more information about Australia Awards Scholarships, visit their official website:
Republished by Blog Post Promoter