There are many truck driver jobs available with sponsorship. Truck drivers can work for private companies, freight carriers, or government organizations.
Furthermore, there is no doubt that the Canadian transportation sector is still facing an abundance of demand and job open positions for truck drivers with long hauls. The Canadian government is also favourable to all of these changes in that they offer the right foreigners to be truck drivers in the country with work permits.
Truck Driver Job Requirements in Canada (With Visa Sponsorship)
Let’s examine the requirements for obtaining employment as a truck driver in Canada. This will let you understand what you need to do to obtain an immigration sponsorship truck driver job as an international citizen in Canada.
- Jobs for truck drivers in Canada include full-time, permanent weekends, overtime night, day and night shifts.
- A high school diploma is preferred , but not required for this job.
- Experience with heavy-duty driving is an advantage however it’s not necessary.
- The ability of communicating in functional or basic English is essential.
- Memberships, certificates, licenses or courses and other certifications are necessary to be able to perform this job.
- Valid driver’s licence (Class 1, or A) is required along with an Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
- Types of Trucking and Equipment Tractor-trailer, Flatbed Refrigerated Straight truck, Highway (4,600kgplus or 10,000lbs+, with 3-plus axles).
- Security and Safety: Basic security clearance Criminal background check and checking driving records (abstract), medical examination and a the drug test are all mandatory.
- Information on travel and transportation Willing to travel all over Canada and in the United States. Willing to travel at night, day or at night, as well as overnight routes and will travel for extended durations of time.
- Other The candidates are legally allowed to work within Canada and be able to work in a two-person group to operate long-haul trucks.
- The ability to operate the straight and articulated truck for transport of supplies and products.
- Unloading and loading cargo, as well as tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security
- Ability to plan your travel routings and times.
- You should be able to utilize atlases as well as other tools for planning to assist you in planning your trip.
- Receive the information and then relay this information back to the central dispatcher.
- The capability to operate in a convoy or in two-person teams.
- You must also be able to assess the condition of your vehicle and check the lights, tires, cold storage, brakes and other parts.
Top Provincial Programs in Canada for Truck Driver Jobs
Here’s a rundown of the top programs that will help you get the perfect truck driver job that comes that has Visa sponsorship Canada:
British Columbia is a provincial program for truck drivers in Canada is
A full-time offer of employment in the field of long-haul trucking is considered to be the top choice for those in British Columbia’s entry-level as well as semi-skilled categories, which have more than 400 jobs on the job board. Long-haul truckers can reside in British Columbia for life. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/.
With 837 job ads currently on the market, Quebec leads the way for provincial job opportunities to truck drivers. According to the information posted on the Quebec government’s site for employment, job opportunities for truck drivers are “excellent” on their job platforms.
For more information https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
In July of 2019 In July of 2019, in July 2019, the NOC code for drivers of transport trucks (7511) was added in the Ontario Immigrant Program Employment Job Offer for Employers In-Demand Skills Stream. It was added along with three other jobs.
This means that truck drivers with an offer of employment in Ontario have a clear pathway to permanent residence in Canada. Learn more about immigration at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
Long-haul truckers are a second in-demand occupation under the Alberta Immigrant Program, with more than 500 job opportunities in the employment bank. Both the Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry are available for truckers.
Employers looking to employ truck drivers in Manitoba should follow the Federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers. This Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program only permits employers to hire workers outside of the LMIA procedure. Specific requirements are met, including recruiting efforts and compliance with provincial laws regarding labour.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador
It is located in Canada. Canadian province Newfoundland and Labrador
The Labour Market Outlook 2025 report in Newfoundland and Labrador highlights truck driving as a job that will require significant immigrants to fill the vacancy demand. In the NLPNP’s Skilled Workers and Express Entry stream, trucking companies need to apply to become eligible employers.
Saskatchewan Immigration has a separate Long-Haul truck Drivers Sub-Category for those already in Canada with an employment permit. This occupation is also eligible for the express entry and occupations in-Demand categories, which each has a specific focus on certain professions.
Transportation Truck Drivers (NOC 7511) is one of the two jobs targeted within the Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Occupations In-Demand stream. This is a path to permanent residency for drivers.
You could be able to obtain an opportunity to work as a truck driver by obtaining the visa sponsor program in Canada via this program.
Wages for Truck Drivers in Canada
Hourly pay for truck drivers is currently in line with provincial and national averages.
According to Job Bank, in addition to Statistics Canada data, the median salary of truck drivers is a little lower than the national average. However, it could rise to greater than $8 above the average of $32 per hour in a variety of circumstances.
According to the forecast, the wages for truck drivers are expected to rise as demand for labor increases in the coming years.
Truck driver jobs in Canada with VISA sponsorship are a great opportunity for those looking for a new and exciting career.
The process of becoming a truck driver in Canada is relatively easy, and the pay and benefits are excellent. So if you’re looking for a new challenge, consider applying for a truck driver job in Canada.
- Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners In 2022
- Canada Government Jobs for Immigrants in 2022
- Immigration Programs To Consider When Searching For A Job In Canada in 2022
- Top 10 Visa Sponsorship Jobs Abroad 2022
- Top 10 Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2022
- How to Move to Canada With Your Family in 2022
- How to Apply For Free Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada 2022
- Top 10 Visa Sponsorship Jobs in the UK 2022
- How to get Jobs in the USA with Free Visa Sponsorship 2022
- Top 10 Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Germany 2022