Every year, qualified candidates apply for Trent University Scholarships 2022, which are open to international students. This Trent scholarship is a Canadian award for students who will begin their undergraduate studies in September.
Trent University is public liberal arts and sciences university located in Peterborough, Ontario, along the Otonabee River, with a satellite campus in Oshawa that serves the Durham Regional Municipality.
Trent University’s major language of instruction is English. Before being accepted, all prospective students must demonstrate a basic command of the English language. Level/Study Subject: These Canadian Scholarships can be used to pursue an undergraduate degree program in any of the university’s subjects.
Trent University, Canada, is the site of the Trent scholarship, which is a Canadian scholarship.
Trent Scholarships are available to international students.
Trent Scholarships Worth
The following items are included in the Trent scholarships for 2022:
- Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards: Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards provide partial funding for tuition and incidental expenses at Trent, ranging from $2,000 to $22,000 each year.
- Trent Foreign Program Tuition Levy Scholarship: The scholarship covers about $22,000 in international tuition and related fees per year.
- Scholarships at Trent-United World Colleges (UWC): The scholarship’s value is established by a financial need evaluation, and it might pay up to $22,000 per year in foreign tuition and supplementary fees.
- The value of the Jack Matthews Foreign Scholarship: is established by an assessment of financial need, and it might cover up to $22,000 per year in international tuition and related costs.
- Justin Chiu International Scholarships: Scholarships range from $3,000 to $15,000 per year and cover a portion of the cost of a Trent education.
The amount of the Scotiabank International Student Awards is up to $5,000 every year.
Entrance Scholarships at Trent University: These range in value from $1,000 to $3,000.
- Scholarships for IB Entrance: The value of these scholarships is $1,000 per year.
Trent Scholarships are available in a variety of amounts.
There is no set amount of Trent scholarships available for the undergraduate program in 2022.
Trent Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for any of Trent’s scholarships in 2022:
Trent International Awards and Scholarships (application-based)
- Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards: are given to international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic success, community service, leadership potential, and financial need.
- Trent International Program Tuition Levy Scholarship: Trent University students contribute to this scholarship through a yearly levy. It is given to a student from a developing country who has excelled academically and has a good record of community and/or international service.
- Trent-United World Colleges (UWC) Scholarships: Awarded to an international student from a UWC college who displays outstanding academic success, community service, leadership potential, and financial need when enrolling at Trent University.
- The Jack Matthews International Scholarship: is named after Jack Matthews, who was the founder of both Pearson College of the Pacific and the Trent International Program. Awarded to an international student from Pearson College of the Pacific who is joining Trent University and displays exceptional academic success, community service, leadership potential, and financial need.
- Justin Chiu Overseas Scholarships: Founded by Justin Chiu, an international student who profited from his time at Trent. Awarded to entering international students from Asia who have excelled academically, participated in community service, have leadership potential, and are in financial need.
- The Scotiabank International Student Awards: are based on academic excellence, extracurricular activity, and leadership, and are given to students from countries where Scotiabank operates abroad upon their admission to Trent University.
Scholarships for College Entrance (automatic)
- Canadian students entering an undergraduate degree directly from a Canadian high school, as well as Canadian students transferring from another post-secondary institution, are eligible for Trent National Entrance Scholarships.
- The National Entrance Scholarships do not require applications and are renewable for up to four years of full-time study.
- All students applying to Trent University, both Canadian and international, will be automatically considered for Trent University Entrance Scholarships, which are awarded for academic performance.
- Entrance Scholarships are not available to Trent students who are studying abroad for a year or a term. Students who are learning English as a second language are eligible to apply; however, the scholarship is only available for undergraduate study (and not for ESL).
- IB Entrance Scholarships: All overseas students applying to Trent with an IB diploma will be considered automatically for an IB Entrance Scholarship.Students must obtain an IB diploma with a minimum IB score of 28 to be eligible for a $1,000 IB Entrance Scholarship. Trent University Entrance Scholarships and Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards can be coupled with this scholarship.
Requirements for College Admission
For admittance to any program, all students must have the following.
- Diploma from a high school
- Proof of English language ability (or conditional admission through Trent-ESL)
- Minimum grades as specified in each country’s entry requirements
- Specifications for the program
The tests listed below are acceptable proof of English language proficiency.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language (Test of English as a Foreign Language) In both speaking and writing, a minimum score of 580 PBT, 237 CBT with a minimum TWE score of 4.5, or 93 iBT with a minimum score of 22 is required (Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, U.S.A.)
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Test) — an alternative test for those who do not have access to the TOEFL (Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada). 5B6) (K1S) (K1S) (K1S) (K1 A minimum score of 60 is required, with a minimum of 60 in Writing Proficiency.
- MELAB is a company that specializes in the (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery). A minimum score of 85 is required, with no portion scoring lower than 80.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) (International English language Testing Services). The minimum acceptable score is 6.5, with no band lower than 6.0 being allowed.
Trent Scholarships Application Procedure
- Applicants should send their scholarship documents to Trent International by mail or email. Application for a scholarship and accompanying documentation
- The “Application for Trent International Scholarships and Awards” form must be filled out completely.
- An essay outlining your academic ambitions and future career goals, as well as how Trent University may assist you in reaching them (maximum 1 page, 300-500 words).
- An essay describing how your service or leadership has been an important part of your education, as well as a record of your most recent (last two years) extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership. Specific instances of your accomplishments will pique the committee’s curiosity the most (maximum 2 pages for both parts).
- An essay about a local, national, or international subject that is important to you personally (maximum 1 page; 300-500 words).
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must be from teachers or former teachers. The letter must highlight the following points: the applicant’s academic work and intellectual qualities, involvement in extracurricular activities and community events, leadership skills, and character.
- Income Documentation: Official annual wage statement on company letterhead from the parent’s employer(s) or the parent’s most recent income tax returns (s).
- You can start your application by clicking on Online Application, and you can learn more about the scholarship by clicking on Scholarship Link.
We hope this article has helped clear up some of the confusion around Trent scholarships for international students.
While the process may seem daunting at first, remember that there are plenty of resources available to help you through it. And, as always, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
- The University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students – How to Apply
- 20+ Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada Without IELTS 2022 (Apply Now)
- Top Scholarships and Bursaries at York University In 2022
- Conestoga College International Entrance Scholarship 2022 – How to Apply
- Top 10 MBA Scholarships in Canada
- How to Get Florida Bright Futures Scholarship 2022 [Apply Now]
- How to Qualify for the Jackie Robinson Scholarship 2022
- Florida International FIU Scholarships 2022 – How to Apply
- 20+Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada 2022 [Apply Now]
- How to Apply for Elks National Foundation Scholarships 2022 USA