If you want to study in Canada, but don’t have the required English language test scores, there are still ways to get into university. You can apply through alternative assessment processes such as the English Language Testing Service (ELTS) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Although these tests are not required for entry into most programs in Canada, they may give you a better chance at getting in.
Can you study in Canada without IELTS? Yes, you can! In fact, many students choose to study in Canada without the required English language qualification.
If you are considering study in Canada, be sure to check the requirements of the universities and colleges you are interested in. Many universities in Canada accept international students.
If you are an international student looking to attend a university in Canada, it is crucial to prove your proficiency in English. The most widely accepted evidence for students who choose English as their primary language is an IELTS score. Also, the IELTS test is an essential requirement to be able to apply to any university in Canada.
Understanding IELTS and Its Importance
While we have discussed more IELTS and the best ways to get top scores in one go in our article here, we’ll still briefly discuss the meaning of IELTS here.
International English Language Testing System is an international test designed for English natives or those who are visa applicants. It’s used to assess the proficiency of English natives who want to study, work, or be permanent residents of Canada.
The test is divided into four parts: Reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Each of these requires an average score of 6.0 and above to get the score needed to pass. It is possible to learn the complete details about IELTS and the required score. This article will explain how you can skip taking any test in the language as a student and continue to study at an accredited institution in Canada.
Here Are Some Of The Reasons Why Students are Considering Not Taking the IELTS Exam
- It’s not that the test is too difficult, but many individuals fail the exam and have to pay for the test over.
- There is no refund of fees for applicants who fail the exam, and you have to pay a new cost each time you attempt the test.
- The test is typically held face-to-face, which could make you feel anxious and make mistakes, and anxiety does not aid you in this kind of test.
- It is essential to study for the test. Some people go the additional step and enroll in classes and purchase classes to prepare them better, which could increase the cost of the test.
- Failure to pass IELTS can mean that you waste more time to get admission into Canada, and not many international students wish to fall into that shoes. There are various options for students who don’t want to take the IELTS test.
Other options alternatives to Study in Canada without IELTS.
Other ways to learn in Canada with no IELTS test are as follows:
Get Admission to Universities Where IELTS is not required: There are top schools and colleges in Canada that don’t require students to possess the IELTS score to apply to studies in Canada.
Certain universities, however, will require proof that you can communicate using English effectively. English language.
They offer their version of language tests at school. Students can also prove their English proficiency even if they have already started school. Some schools don’t require any proof of language whatsoever. A few of them can be found below.
- Okanagan College
- Concordia University
- Cambrian College
- Memorial University
- Seneca College, Toronto
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Winnipeg
- Brock University
- Carleton University
Get an English Proficiency Certificate from Canada Students from Canada who have completed their studies within the English language can obtain the English competency certificate at their schools.
They will need not take IELTS and any other English test for language proficiency.
Complete an English Language Course Online: It is simpler to take the online English course than IELTS. Instead of presenting your IELTS Score, you could complete these courses and then give them evidence of English proficiency.
It is possible to study in Canada without IELTS. There are a few universities that do not require the test, and other universities may be willing to accept other forms of English proficiency testing.
However, it is always best to check with the university you are interested in attending to see what their specific requirements are.
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in the UK Without IELTS
- Study In Canada: Scholarships, Financial Aid, Visa, Admissions
- Can I Do Masters in Canada With 2.2 or 3rd Class Degree
- Study at the Simon Fraser University
- How to Apply for University of Winchester International Scholarships 2022 – 2023
- 20 Scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students
- Study at the University of Saskatchewan – How to Apply
- 7 Cheapest Universities in Poland for International Students 2022
- How To Transfer From One University To Another In Australia In 2022
- How to Study Abroad in Japan in 2022