In this blog, we will be giving all the information about the universities in the UK without IELTS. If you are interested in studying in any university in the UK without IELTS, you are currently in the right place.
Studying abroad, especially in an English-speaking country, requires the submission of English proficiency test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc. plays an essential role in the application processes.
Similarly, many academic institutions generally need the IELTS to study in the UK. Still, there are other ways to get admission into an English university without providing IELTS.
IELTS is a standardized language assessment test used by universities globally to assess their prospective international students’ language skills.
Some of the top UK universities without IELTS are the University of Central Lancashire, University of Plymouth, University of Greenwich, Swansea University, University of Northampton, Portsmouth University, and Northumbria University. please read ahead.
How to Study in Universities in the UK Without IELTS
It is possible to study in the UK without the IELTS if you apply to universities that accept alternative requirements such as
- An undergraduate degree in English: provide an undergraduate degree result in English.
- A pre-sessional language course is available for international students. Go for a Pre-sessional English course offered by the desired university before starting your program in the UK.
- If English was the primary means of instruction in your school: If you attended an English-speaking school or university, you could show that as proof of your English proficiency.
- If your university considers your X and XII English marks to assess your language skills: several Universities in the UK also consider your class XII English subject marks to determine your language proficiency. Ensure to have at least 70% in final exams considered by primary universities in the UK.
- If your university conducts its interviews to assess your language skills: Most universities have online interviews as part of their admission process.
- Aspirants can study in some of these UK universities without IELTS as they make use of these online sessions to analyze their English language skills. Take an Online Interview conducted by your desired university.
- If you take another English language assessment, IELTS is the most popular and widely accepted English assessment test in the UK. But several others are also accepted. You can opt to take PTE Academic, Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) TOEFL, Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE), and the Duolingo English test.
If you have good scores in any of the other standard language tests, you can study in the universities in the UK without IELTS.
Note: Universities will mention the tests that they accept in the requirements section of their website. Ensure to check your intended university’s site before taking any test.
People also read:
UK Study Visa without IELTS Requirements for International Students.
Can one get a UK study visa without the IELTS requirement?
The answer to this is yes, it is possible to get a UK study visa without IELTS by providing the immigration authorities with a document from your admitted university that the aspirant is eligible for a study visa without IELTS.
Below are the critical requirements for a UK study visa without having IELTS:
- A document that your university attests with the statement written on it that an aspirant can apply for a UK study visa without an IELTS result.
- providing an Acceptance letter from a university in the UK
Note: you can also appear for the (SELT) Secure English Language Test mandated by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as valid proof for English proficiency without IELTS.
List of Universities in the UK Without IELTS
- Sheffield Hallam University: Sheffield Hallam University is one of the UK’s biggest and most famous universities; it has over 30,000 students from more than 100 countries enrolled. Visit the website to know more
- University of Warwick. This is a public research university on the outskirts of Coventry between the West Midlands and Warwickshire, England. The Warwick University was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand higher education. Visit the website to know more: Warwick.
- The University of Basel. This is a university in Basel, Switzerland. It was founded on April 4, 1460; it is Switzerland’s oldest university and is also among the oldest surviving universities globally. The university is counted among the leading institutions of higher learning in the country. Visit the website to know more.
- Birmingham City University. This is a university in Birmingham, England. It was initially established as the Birmingham College of Art, with its roots dating back to 1843; it was first designated as a polytechnic in 1971 and later gained university status in 1992. Visit the official page to know more.
- The University of Bristol. It is a red brick Russell Group research university in Bristol, England. That received its royal charter in 1909, although its roots can be traced to a Merchant Ventures’ school, which was founded in 1595, and University College, Bristol, which had been in existence since 1876. visit the official page to know more.
- Audencia Nantes School of Management. Audencia Business School is a French grande école and business school located in Nantes, France. It is one of the only 1% of business schools globally accredited by the Association of MBAs, the European Quality Improvement System, and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Visit the official website to know more.
- Riga Technical University. This is the oldest technical university in the Baltics; it was established on October 14, 1862. The university is based in Riga, Latvia. The university was formerly known as Riga Polytechnical Institute and Riga Polytechnic. Visit the official website to learn more.
- The University of Geneva. The university is a public research university located in Geneva, Switzerland, Founded in 1559 by John Calvin as a theological seminary. It remained focused on theology until the 17th century before it became a center for Enlightenment scholarship. Visit the official page for more information.
- London Southbank University. The London South Bank University is a public university in Elephant and Castle, London. The university is based in the London Borough of Southwark, near the South Bank of the River Thames. This is where it got its name. visit the official website to know more.
- Northumbria University. The Northumbria University is a UK public university based in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East of England. It has been a university since the year 1992, but it has its origins in the Rutherford College, founded in the year 1877. Visit the official page to know more.
Applicants can apply to the universities listed above in the UK without IELTS. A wide range and a significant number of majors and Academic Fields are made available for the applicants to apply from.
The Universities in the UK without IELTS offer over 50,000 Degree Programs. We listed above some Universities in the UK without IELTS, How you can Study, and the requirements to study in the universities in the UK Without IELTS.
Having brought the universities in the UK that you can study in without IELTS, what’s your take on this? Let us know what you think in the comment section, and also share his post with your friends using the share button below.