Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) allows foreigners and those from other nations who are currently working within Canada for a longer validity of their work grant or permit as they wait and anticipate a positive decision regarding their application for permanent residence.
In Canada, there are a few different ways for skilled foreign workers to get permanent residency. One of these methods is through the Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP).
This permit allows foreign workers with a valid work permit to apply for permanent residency without having to leave Canada.
The process is relatively simple, and the BOWP can be a great way for skilled workers to get a foothold in Canada.
It is a Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit available only to those who recently completed their application for permanent residence and now have a basic work license.
If your bridgework permit is successful, it may result in the issuance of an open permit that can give the individual who holds it in their possession the opportunity to work for a variety of employers in various locations of their preference.
The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) is a new pilot program launched in November 2017.
The program allows foreign workers who have been working in Canada on a work permit to apply for a bridging open work permit, which will enable them to continue to work in Canada until a decision is made on their permanent residency application.
Who is Qualified:
To be eligible for Bridging Open Work Permit, you must strictly adhere to the following requirements:
- You must currently reside in Canada;
- The person concerned is legally entitled to an employment permit which is due to expire within four months.
- The person who is in the question is the primary or the principal candidate for an FSWP or the CEC or the PNP or FSTP application for permanent residence
- The person who was in question received an appraisal of their qualifications or evaluation on their application and
- The individual in question is a candidate to receive an open grant for work.
However, it’s not the entire permanent resident programs that are qualified to be eligible for the BOWP. The BOWP is only accessible to those who are a part of the following permanent residence programs:
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
- Caring for Children Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Helping People with High Medical Needs Class
If you meet all the requirements and can apply for a Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit, you’re ready to fill out your application.
Anyone applying to the Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit through any of Quebec’s programs is not eligible to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.
It is only possible to be an eligible candidate if your application to a job has been submitted supported by the Certificate de selection du Quebec (CSQ).
An international or foreign worker must submit a BOWP application before the current grant expires. Suppose their recent work grant expires prior to a decision regarding your BOWP applications.
In that case, applicants can continue working in Canada in implied status until the final decision has been made about their BOWP application.
If, however, it is the case that the BOWP application is rejected, then the person has to stop working in Canada immediately.
If it is discovered that a foreign national is currently operating inside Canada without a valid work permit, it could be a threat to any future applications of Canadian immigration.
The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) is an excellent opportunity for foreign workers who are obtaining their permanent residency status in Canada.
The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit allows foreign workers to continue working in Canada while waiting for their PR card to be processed.
It also allows them to maintain their valid work permits and keep their jobs. The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit is a great program, and I highly recommend it to anyone eligible.
- Canada’s Open Work Permit in 2022
- Different Categories Of Permanent Residence You Can Apply Under
- Work In Canada Without A Work Permit in 2022
- How To Become a Lawyer In Canada
- How to Apply for Permanent Residency in Canada 2022
- How To Find The Best School For You In Canada In 2022
- Immigration Lawyer In Alberta, Canada
- Steps to Move to Canada As A Nurse in 2022
- What To Know About Canadian Business Immigration Program in 2022
- Expedited Work Permit for U.K. Nationals