Get started on your Egypt study adventure. There’s good news! The American University of Cairo Fellowships are now open. This article will provide information about the fellowship program, its benefits, and the steps involved in applying.
International students are eligible to apply for the American University in Cairo Fellowships 2023-2024. These fellowships include full tuition fees, medical coverage, student housing, and a laptop.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate fellowship program (TLG) is a joint effort by the US Department of State Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and AUC. TLG provides academically qualified, economically deserving students the experience and professional qualifications needed to contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes. This is done through organized graduate studies and research that promotes the professionalization of emerging leaders and local solutions to common problems in the MENA region.
Winter sessions do not offer graduate admission. Graduate admission for degree-seeking students is only available in the Fall and Spring semesters. Non-degree graduate applicants to the summer sessions must follow the non-degree admission application procedure and submit their applications by the deadlines for the next semester.
- Level Of Study: Masters/PhD
- Institution(s), The American University of Cairo
- Study in Cairo (Egypt)
- Courses Available: To view the fellowships available, click here
- Deadline April 15, 2022, Fall 2022 or October 15, 2022, Spring 2023)
American University in Cairo Fellowships offer the following benefits to recipients:
- Fall and spring semester tuition fees are fully covered.
- Insurance for medical purposes
- Monthly stipend
- Housing for students
- Possibility to do an internship/practicum, including transportation costs if necessary.
- One conference is available to present your research findings. These can be applied for and awarded competitively according to the guidelines for Graduate Support Grants.
- Annual round-trip economy airfare from home to campus. Or housing and living allowance to support approved programs on campus during breaks when students cannot return home due to circumstances beyond their control.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for The American University of Cairo Fellowships
For Tomorrows Leaders Graduate Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Languages Required: English.
- Eligible countries: All World countries
- Meet Graduate Admission requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on the 4.0 scale or equivalent is required to demonstrate academic potential.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- You will demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential through extracurricular activities, recommendations, interviews, and other sources.
- Financial need.
- The fellowship is for two years and includes any remedial academic English courses. Each semester, the student will be reviewed for academic excellence.
How do you apply for The American University of Cairo Fellowships?
Follow the below instructions to apply for The American University of Cairo Fellowships.
- How to Apply and Submit the Online Application
- To complete the online fellowship request, please follow the instructions.
Visit the official website to learn more about The American University of Cairo Fellowships.