In this post, we will understand how to get a permanent residence visa in New Zealand.
A Resident Visa is a permit that allows immigrants through the approval of the New Zealand government to live in New Zealand, including living indefinitely, working, and studying.
This Visa is classified into two which are; a temporary residence visa and a permanent residence visa. The temporary residence visa has some disadvantages; for instance, if you travel out of the country without reviewing the travel conditions of your residence visa, you may not be allowed into the country as a resident.
New Zealand Permanent Residence Benefits
A Permanent Resident Visa is the opposite and superior to a temporary resident Visa. Resident Visas have travel conditions that only limit a person to re-enter New Zealand as a resident until the date of expiration. In contrast, a Permanent Resident Visa permits indefinite re-entry to New Zealand depending on whether the passport is valid. Some of the benefits include;
- Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Travel to and from New Zealand any time you like.
- If you included them in your original residence application, partner and dependent children aged 24 and under are included to stay or visit in your visa application.
How Long Does it Take a Resident Visa in New Zealand?
Visa processing time is required by immigration authorities to review your visa application after it has been placed. Processing time of individual Visa may take a while depending on the complicacy of the information provided in the application and the number of other applicants applying to the immigration authority. To accelerate the visa processing, it is necessary to do the following:
- Choosing the right visa type right from the start and submitting a professionally compiled and complete visa application will be the best way to speed up your visa application process.
- Applicants are encouraged to fulfill all required information and start working on their visa application as soon as possible for early submission.
- An immeasurable amount of energy is put into preparing a perfect visa application that will not involve any unnecessary questions from the Immigration of New Zealand during the process.
- Competent visa advice and careful preparation regarding application steps and guidelines are the keys to a smooth visa application process and to avoid delays, irrespective of the type of Visa you are applying for.
A detailed table of Visa processing time in the last three months is given below;
|Residence visa||50% of applications completed within:||70% of applications completed within:||90% of applications completed within:|
|Partner of a New Zealander||4-9 months||6- 10 months||10-12 months|
|Permanent residence visa||7 -12 days||11 – 22 days||62 – 63 days|
|Skilled migrant||6 – 22 months||10 – 23 months||17 – 26 months|
|Transfer of Visa to new passport||1 day||3 days||5 – 6 days|
|Variation of travel condition on a resident visa||6 – 7 days||8 – 14 days||17 – 66 days|
How Much do you Need to get Into New Zealand?
Moving into another country, especially a developed and interesting country like New Zealand, maybe enthusiastic. To sustain this happiness and excitement, one has to prepare financially and know how much is needed for settlement immigrating into New Zealand, making things easier and a lot more comfortable.
The average cost of living for a person in New Zealand for a month is 1000GBP; convert to your current currency, and you will know approximately how much to start saving.
However, this amount does not include rentals, furniture, and other things when relocating to a new base. It may also be increased if living in a city center.
How Long do you Have to Live in New Zealand to Become a Resident?
People who wish to become residents of New Zealand must fulfill the three presence requirements, which include:
- Must be living as a New Zealand resident for five years. People that have had more than one type of permit in the last five years. Suppose you have a permanent resident or an Australian citizen.
- Must have spent enough time in New Zealand. You must be present in the country a specific number of times. These years are counted right from the day a citizenship application was made.
- Must have intentions of living in New Zealand.
- Applicants should have been paying taxes and investing in New Zealand.
People also read:
Top Five Jobs in Demand in New Zealand
- Nurses (all roles)
- Administrative assistant
- Warehousing Storage and distribution
- Retail assistant
Skilled Migrant Category Residence Visa
New Zealand encourages people with incredible skills that will improve the economy’s growth to apply for this Visa. Before an invitation is sent for application, they’ll require an Expression of Interest (EOI) stating your employment status in New Zealand, work experience, and qualifications.
Peradventure your expression of interest is successful, an opportunity is presented to apply for living and working in New Zealand indefinitely.
Applicants must be a maximum of 55years of age. The Visa isn’t developed for self-employed persons. Applicants are required to have a minimum of 160 expressions of interest points.
Permanent Residence Visa in New Zealand Form
Permanent residence forms can only be given to immigrants who are already residents of the country. The form varies depending on the visa application you want to apply for. Find more information via their website below https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa.