In this article, we will explore how to migrate to Finland from Nigeria in 2022.
Finland has been successful in not just maintaining educational development advances but also in defining a global benchmark.
The people are kind and inviting, so it’s no surprise that it’s one of the top destinations for individuals from all over the world seeking a worldwide experience.
Finland Immigration Requirements
If you want to go to migrate to Finland from Nigeria and perhaps work there, you must do the following:
- Choose a Residence Permit Application
- Making an Application for a Permit
- Obtaining Finnish Citizenship
Finland Visa Requirements for Nigerian Citizens
- Visa Application
- Two passport photographs
- Your passport and documentation of previous visas must be valid for at least three months beyond your return date. There is the necessity of at least two blank pages in your passport.
- A duplicate of your return ticket reservation. It is not wise to buy an airline ticket before obtaining a visa.
- Confirmation of travel medical visa insurance coverage of at least 30,000 Euros inside Finland and the entire Schengen area
- There must be a cover letter outlining the aim of the trip and the itinerary to Finland.
- You must be with a copy of your return ticket reservation, arrival and departure dates, and flight numbers from Finland.
- You must be with proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the anticipated stay in Finland.
- Proof of nationality (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- You must possess proof of sufficient financial resources for the duration of the stay.
- If you are self-employed, you must give a copy of your business license, like a bank statement for a period of the last six months, and an income tax return (ITR)
- If you are a student, you will need to provide proof of enrolment and a certificate of no objection from your school or institution.
- If you are retired, please provide a pension statement for the most recent six months.
- If relevant, documentation of the recent six months’ regular revenue earned by the property is required.
How Much Does it Cost to Migrate to Finland from Nigeria
To obtain a visa, a residence permit, apply for citizenship and migrate to Finland, you will need around 6500 euros.
How to Get a Job when you Migrate to Finland from Nigeria
Working in Finland necessitates the possession of a work permit as well as other essential papers.
Visit the websites of the Centers for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, and European Employment Services to learn more about career opportunities and requirements.
When a firm wants to recruit you, they will help you with the immigration procedure.
People also read:
Do They Speak English in Finland?
The majority of Finns are fluent in English. According to official figures, at least 70% of Finns can communicate in English.
How do I Become a Permanent Resident of Finland?
If you have lived in Finland for an extended period, you may be eligible for a permanent residence visa. If you are in Finland, you can only apply for a permanent residence permit.
You are eligible for a permanent residence permit if;
- you have resided in Finland for four years at least with an A permit
- your period abroad do not pass two years during that time
- The reasons for the prior licenses are still valid.
Does Finland Give Citizenship?
Yes, you may apply for citizenship (the procedure is known as ‘naturalization’). It would help if you met the following prerequisites for naturalization:
- firmly entrenched identity
- adequate linguistic abilities
- a sufficient length of stay (4-7years)
- ways of assistance
- fulfilled payment obligations
If you are a Nigerian asking for a visa to Finland, you should be aware that, like most other states, Finland visas cannot be obtained via the consulate of Finland in Lagos; instead, all applicants must apply through the Finnish embassy in Abuja.