Are you interested in studying in Spain? if so, this article on Best Public Universities in Spain for International Students is a must-read for you. in this article we have carefully selected the 5 best public universities in Spain for international students and also everything you need to know about each of the universities.
One of the best advantages to studying overseas within Spain is the chance to fully immerse yourself in Spanish tradition and way of living. Going abroad to study in Spain can open an eye to the fascinating food, culture, and culture of a country with an immense impact across the globe.
The public universities of Spain are an excellent option to begin your study abroad. Offering a great and low cost of tuition and a wide range of facilities, the university students located in Spain that accept international students provide many opportunities and facilities in comparison to other universities. If you’re who is interested in gaining admission to the public universities of Spain continue reading until the close! This blog will help you look into the best public universities in Spain as well as a lot more!
Why Study at a Public University in Spain?
- Available Qualitative Education: Public universities located in Spain are more affordable than private ones and provide the most personal experience. Additionally, you get the benefit of studying Spanish at a public institution. Most of the time these public institutions in Spain provide the same high-quality education that private counterparts.
- Extremely Cheap: Many students choose to attend universities that are public within Spain specifically for students from abroad due to their accessibility and affordability. Contrary to many other countries students in Spain do not have to pay an admission cost to attend college. This means that regardless of the financial status of your family you are able to continue your studies and meet your goals in education. The majority of universities that are public are located in Spain and are also reasonably priced.
- It has a Variety of Programs: Public universities are supported by the state and therefore are absolutely free. These universities in Spain provide a variety of graduate and undergraduate programs, which makes them an ideal option for those who want to study abroad. The top university located in Spain that accepts international students provides excellent programs for study abroad, which allow students to explore Spain as well as its history in an original and absorbing way. If you’re thinking about going to study in Spain the public universities are a good alternative to think about.
Courses of study available at Public Universities in Spain
The best schools for students of the public in Spain offer a broad range of undergraduate and graduate courses which makes them an excellent option for those who want to go abroad to study. If you’re towards completing a Bachelor’s degree in Spain The initial step should be to figure out the areas of study that are most appealing to you. Here are a few options offered by the most prestigious universities of public choice in Spain:
- Chemical Engineering
- Fine Arts
Best Public Universities in Spain for International Students
This is an overview of public universities in Spain that provide top-quality and reasonably priced education to international students:
- University of Barcelona
- Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
- Complutense University of Madrid
- Pompeu Fabra University
We’ll now get to find out more about each one of these universities that are the best in Spain for students from abroad, in more detail:
University of Barcelona
It is the University of Barcelona is one of the top universities in Europe and among the most prestigious universities around the globe. The University of Barcelona is considered one of the largest universities in Europe. The University of Barcelona is also an affiliate of the Coimbra Group, an international network of top universities with a shared commitment to academic excellence, creativity as well as a free as well as open discussion of thoughts.
QS World University Ranking 2022: 168
The average tuition fee per Year is $ 4000 – 6000 EUR
Course of study
- Art History
- Chemical Engineering
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
It is the Autonomous University of Madrid (UAM) is the second largest university in Spain with over 100,000 students. It’s also one of the top research institutions. It is among the most prestigious public universities in Spain. The UAM includes colleges that offer undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs. Is UAM also an institution that is among the nation’s most prestigious universities, as ranked according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Institute of Higher Education Evaluation (INES).
QS World University Ranking 2022; 207
The average tuition fee per Year is 3000 EUR
- Arts and Humanities
- Social and Legal Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Engineering and Architecture
Autonomous University of Barcelona
Autonomous University of Barcelona (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, UAB) is an institution of public research located within the city of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It is the largest Spanish university system and, as of the year 2016, it was the 15th largest in Europe with more than 111,000 students. UAB includes 12 faculties and around 200 research centers, comprising 5 of the 10 top research fields in Spain. UAB is a reputable international reputation and is among the best 20. It is among the top public universities in Spain for students from abroad.
QS World University Ranking 2022: 209
The average tuition fee per Year is 4000-17000 EUR
- English and Catalan
- Accounting and Finance
Complutense University of Madrid
The Complutense University of Madrid is an academic research institution located in Madrid. It was established in 1293 and is one of some of the longest-running universities across the nation. It is home to more than 10,000 students. It is recognized by many as being among the top institutions in Europe. It is the University of Madrid is known for its immersive courses and interactive learning.
QS World University Ranking 2022: 223
Per Year 3000 EUR
- Business Management
- Physical Sciences
- Informatics Engineering
Pompeu Fabra University
Pompeu Fabra University (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) is a university that is publicly funded and located in Spain that is located at Barcelona, Spain. It was established in 1964 and is located in the present building located in the Parc de la Ciutat in Sabadell. The name of the university comes from the Catalan politician and economist Pompeu Fabra.
QS World University Ranking 2022: 248
Average Tuition Fees per Year are between 6000 and 8000 EUR
- Health Sciences
- Political and Social Sciences
- Humanities and History
Eligibility and Requirements for Public Universities in Spain
The application procedure to obtain an undergraduate diploma in Spain may seem overwhelming and confusing at first, but there really doesn’t have anything to worry about. The process for getting accepted to the top public schools in Spain is actually quite easy and easy. All you have to do is gather your CV along with other documents together and you’re all set to begin the application process.
Here are the conditions to begin your application process for admission to universities that are public located in Spain to international applicants:
- High School Certificate: You must have an official high school diploma that is accepted. It must also be certified by the Spanish Embassy within your nation.
- Academic Referrals: letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged from two or more individuals in the field of academics or who have collaborated with you.
- A Study Visa: This is among the most essential documents that you must have in order to not be able to gain admission.
- Proficiency Test scores: You have to pass two tests written in Spanish
- Exam Pass Selectividad Selectividad or Pruebas of Acceso to the Universidad is an exam to be taken for entrance that has to be completed twice per year.
For a bachelor’s degree in Spain, it is required to earn an amount of 240 ECTS through completing courses for four years. If you are pursuing a master’s degree, you must be able to pass courses worth 120 ECTS. You have to complete 300 ECTS for your doctoral degree.
The Cost of Studying at Best Public Universities in Spain for International Students
Below is the price breakup of the public universities of Spain:
The average tuition fee is 3,000 to 5,000 EUR for a full academic year
Accommodation: 360-650 EUR /month
Food: 200-400 EUR /month
Transportation : 42-54 EUR /month
Basic Utilities: 150 EUR /month
Scholarships for Public Universities in Spain
Spain is a country that has many facets of culture and history. It is also one of the countries that have numerous opportunities to study. Through scholarships offered in Spain, students are able to get an education within Spain for a lesser cost. This lets students pay for higher education in a foreign country and keep a tight budget.
Let us get you aware of the scholarships offered to the top universities in Spain’s public universities:
- Women in Tech Scholarship
Offers as high as 50 discounts for women who wish to apply for scholarships in technology-related fields.
- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant, 2022
Provides partial financial assistance for all art subjects that fall under the broad spectrum
- Ministry of Education Funds
The Spanish Ministry provides a variety of awards and money to worthy students. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must submit an application.
- Global Study IELTS Awards
Provides partial financial aid that can be up to 11.800 EUR for students of any nationality
The public universities of Spain provide international students with an advantage when opposed to private schools in terms of cost and academic quality. With an array of courses available and a wide range of programs, the Spain public universities list is certainly a great option to select for your Spanish university.